Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50/100 unraised pot, little help probably boring (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361650)

SuperJez 10-21-2005 09:22 AM

Re: 50/100 unraised pot, little help probably boring

I think the cold call by the button of a bet and raise before him has to be either a draw or a set, both of which have you crushed on the turn so I would have to muck it there to the pot bet.

KaneKungFu123 10-21-2005 09:23 AM

lead turn, or check-fold.

SuperJez 10-21-2005 09:29 AM

Of course you have some good redraws, but you have no implied odds for if you hit them on the river so I would check/fold this turn to that bet

Jez

10-21-2005 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has top pair, his hand is good some % of the time, and because he has the A he isnt making a huge mistake calling regardless of what hands the villains have.

[/ QUOTE ]

So after saying all that can we agree that the turn call is -EV because it is such a transparant draw? Even with the boat redraws given he will lose sometimes if the villian spikes quads on the river. Since we believe sometimes he has a flush he has less flushing outs as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice 1st post btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm?

edit, i'm an idiot. i was talking about the turn and you were talking about the flop but i dont want to delete it all.

AceHiStation 10-21-2005 10:55 AM

I haven't read the responses yet... but I like a call here. Button limps behind preflop. I'm not willing to put him on 99, I think 44 and 66 are possbilities, but I'm willing to pay him off. I don't think he bets that hard with a flush, especially when it isn't the nut. Button could easily be making a position play but more likely I put villain on tripp 9s: 9Ts, J9s, K9, etc. I assume 4-handed on the button he is calling a lot of hands here, and think the possibility of him holding that 4th 9 is very likely.

LearnedfromTV 10-21-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not willing to put him on 99

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of my league, but even I got this far.

AceHiStation 10-21-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your great contribution to this thread.

LearnedfromTV 10-21-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your great contribution to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. Just a joke.

Since you asked, my 'opinion' on the hand in the form of a couple questions:

1. With the flush and paired board, is the button really going to pot value bet a worse 9? What does he expect to call?

2. Why not a river blocking bet of about 2K. Enough to freeze a worse 9 into a call and safely fold to raise?

Edit: These really are questions. Like I said, I'm out of my league. At 2/4 or 3/6 if I check called turn I would block bet river. With a 150BB in a limped pot, most of the time I would check call turn rather than check raise (allin or otherwise).

Lucky 10-21-2005 12:31 PM

As you played it, i definitely fold river against most players.

I probably would have led the turn for maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of pot, seemingly asking for a call on made flush.