Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PLO/8 Game tomorrow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361416)

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:38 AM

Re: PLO/8 Game tomorrow

Mason55 will be paying for my lunch for a week after tomorrow!

mason55 10-20-2005 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the difference between a decent PLO8 player and an excellent PLO8 player is not that great compared to holdem.

but the difference between a decent PLO8 player and a PLO8 fish is leagues apart from the difference in holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is why Party PLO/8 is SUPER profitable. I mean. Uh. Tough. Yeah. Don't come play that game guys. Really tough.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason55 will be paying for my lunch for a week after tomorrow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait till we both flop the nuts but I'm freerolling you on the high redraw and the nut low.

xorbie 10-20-2005 03:41 AM

Try getting a set over set and then losing the entire pot in two hands with 55% equity when you move up to the 400. Then PLO8 isn't as much fun. I'm still emotionally scarred. I'll be heading back soon though.

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:49 AM

Boo. Where did my pretty colors go?

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wait till we both flop the nuts but I'm freerolling you on the high redraw and the nut low

[/ QUOTE ] And you think Wtfsvi is a luckbox. You ain't seen nothing yet!

mason55 10-20-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try getting a set over set and then losing the entire pot in two hands with 55% equity when you move up to the 400. Then PLO8 isn't as much fun. I'm still emotionally scarred. I'll be heading back soon though.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO/8 200

Hero and Villain have 300 each.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
5 people limp.
Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets pot ($10) Hero raises pot ($40) Villain calls $30 more.
Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot $90)
Villain bets pot ($90) Hero pushes with top set and OESFD Villain calls
River 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero kills self.

HOWEVER. The other side of the coin is that 8 hands later I limped with AA28ds. Flop was AT7. We get it all in on the flop (same villain) and he shows 7772 with no redraws. That is why this game is so profitable. It's rare (very close to impossible) in holdem to have you opp drawing dead on the flop. I got 1 and a half buyins in on the flop with my opp drawing DEAD.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boo. Where did my pretty colors go?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!??!?!?!?

Oh, and if you want me to post some wtfsvfish hand histories against me I will.

xorbie 10-20-2005 03:54 AM

Man, the other mods ganged up and decided to pwn all the colors. I swear man I was helpless. Sodomy was threatened.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, the other mods ganged up and decided to pwn all the colors. I swear man I was helpless. Sodomy was threatened.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can admit that you're curious. We're all friends here.