Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Has anybody in here been robbed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359418)

Shajen 10-17-2005 01:43 PM

Re: Has anybody in here been robbed?

[ QUOTE ]
Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you already say that once before?

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:44 PM

Hence the humor.

Indy

astroglide 10-17-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who break into places for low hundreds worth of goods are pretty much first-class morons too. it's not likely, but i wouldn't be amazingly surprised if the ticket users were infact the robbers. perhaps the OP will recognize them whoever they are (friend of a "friend" and that sort of thing). perhaps they will identify the people who did it. who knows? it's not a terrific amount of effort and i'd be happy to do it if there's a non-zero chance of somebody actually getting nailed as a result of it.

dcasper70 10-17-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would contact the cops. get proof of your ticket purchase and have whoever is sitting in the seats arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron. odds are the people in those seats will have bought those tickets scalped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but too friggin bad for them. It's called receiving stolen property!
Even if they didn't know, scalping is still illegal in most states.

Contact the Colts, drop the hammer! Give 'em the boot, I say!

manpower 10-17-2005 01:48 PM

Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

SL__72 10-17-2005 01:49 PM

As long as they are season tickets you should at least be able to go to the game still.

swede123 10-17-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually stole the loose change out of your car? Unless you happened to have a gigantic vat full of quarters in the back seat I must nominate this robbery as the most pitiful one in the thread so far.

Swede

B Dids 10-17-2005 01:54 PM

I've had my cars broken into 4 times. Lost two windows, one deck+changer+speakers, a coat, a backpack, some softball equipment, various CDs (including a a Mobb Deep CD when the cops actually got the guys in the act, but let them keep the CD since they decided that it likely belong to the thieves because it was unlikely the owner of a lowered 91 Civic SI listened to "gangster rap"), and the cost of repairing a damaged stearing column from a failed attempt to actually take the care.

I've had a bike stolen from under my apartment, but that's because I was lazy and locked it through the front wheel and then ignored it for 3 weeks.

offTopic 10-17-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I played MTG seriously, someone broke into our house and emptied about $2-3k worth of my magic cards onto the floor out of a bag - so they could use the bag to carry out a 5 year old VCR which they might have got $50 for if they were lucky.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - my house was broken into in 12/01, and the guy grabbed everything he could fit into my backpack, which was lying in my room. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Digcam, PDA, watch, some cash...and left behind the MTG binders. One had a complete set of Unlimited in it, and another had an Arabian Nights and an Antiquities set in it.

Wes ManTooth 10-17-2005 01:56 PM

Once my car was stolen, about a weak later a friend of mine saw it in someone's driveway as he happen to be driving by in a town that was about 15 minutes from were I lived. He called me and I quickly went over to check it out. My friend and I checked my car and it looked fine with the exception of the alarm being messed with, I went to the house (ready to beat the $^%& out of whoever answered the door) only to find an old lady home and she claimed that she thought it was her grandsons friends car. I told her that I was there to pick it up. I had my keys got in and took off. Later on that night I called the police that I had filled the report with and told them the story. They researched it and the next day it turned out that the person that stole my car was arrested a few days earlier for drug related charges and they could not on additional theft charges because they have no proof that he actually took the car because I had already taken it back.