Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   55: Donk donk, top and bottom pair, what do you think? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358642)

10-16-2005 05:26 AM

Re: 55: Donk donk, top and bottom pair, what do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wearing a Scorpion costume (ya know from Mortal Kombat)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's pretty cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bigt439 10-16-2005 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm wearing a Scorpion costume (ya know from Mortal Kombat)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's pretty cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah, wow, that sucked without context. Kickass costume party earlier...

10-16-2005 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the pot is now t310 and second dude calls the 200 making the pot t510 and raises 400 more... < pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Difference in terminology. I would just say that the third guy bet 600 into a 310 pot. Anyways, those are still big bets, especially when hero only has T955.

I stand by my original post. Nobody ever posts these things when they win.

inyaface 10-16-2005 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wearing a Scorpion costume (ya know from Mortal Kombat)... but this is right...

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice om this hand is FINISH HIM!
(poosh)

SCfuji 10-16-2005 11:35 AM

looks like a fold to me

MegaBet 10-16-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a fold to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

bigt439 10-16-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a fold to me

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHHHHHHHH. Someone give them a hand. Are we seriously putting one of them on 55?

EDIT: To be a bit clearer, I understand the range of hands we beat here is small, but the range of hands that beat us is even smaller. There is just a small range of hands that do this on that board period, but we beat our fair share of them.

MegaBet 10-16-2005 02:40 PM

We are up against a raise and a re-raise. With only 1 other player I'd probably call and hope they don't have trips, but with 2 players giving action this is very VERY dangerous.

bigt439 10-16-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are up against a raise and a re-raise. With only 1 other player I'd probably call and hope they don't have trips, but with 2 players giving action this is very VERY dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying. Your point is correct from that perspective. But it's deeper than that. Think about hand ranges. You are essentially putting someone squarely on 55 here. There are so many other combinations you can legitimately make for two hands that you beat.

microbet 10-16-2005 03:12 PM

It is dangerous and there is probably a 50% chance or more you bust, but if you win, you triple up. It is very easy for either or both of them to have a King with a decent kicker and the fact that seals the deal is people like to limp AA preflop.

Edit: Besides, either of them are likely to want to call the flop with trips to get overcalls.

Edit again: Also, I see people doing crazy things like going broke with A4 here all the time.