Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Go another bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358566)

AceHigh 10-16-2005 10:22 AM

Re: Go another bet?

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, he raises. Threebet or call? I don't consider folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call. If you raised in early position and he 3-bet you then I would 3-bet the river against most opponents, because you would only be worried about 1 hand - AcKc. Since you raised in steal position, he can 3-bet with a lot of Axs/Kxs hands here, and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

daryn 10-16-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should not of capped the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly how can you type this out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what type of person can insult someone so easily, without giving an explaination supporting their opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean my opinion on this hand? i think it's so incredibly obvious that it's not worth elaborating upon.

veganmav 10-16-2005 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should not of capped the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly how can you type this out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what type of person can insult someone so easily, without giving an explaination supporting their opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean my opinion on this hand? i think it's so incredibly obvious that it's not worth elaborating upon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he just mis-understood your grammar correction.

andyfox 10-16-2005 01:05 PM

Well, he might have pocket aces, queens, or jacks, but he might fold those if you 3-bet. Since you opened in last position, he might have Ac-xc or Kc-Tc or even another K-T. I think I just call.

BTW, I assume you meant you considered folding but rejected the idea.

Josh W 10-16-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to be good over 33.3% of the time with this logic.

Interestingly enough, if for some odd reason my (potential) river 3-bet was a cap (i.e. 3 bets = cap), then I would probably have 3bet.

But I just called. I guess that means I thought I was ahead less than 33% of the time, but more than 7%)

Josh

AffleckKGB 10-16-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe using Bizarro logic.

AceHigh 10-16-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have to be good > 66% of the time?

TStoneMBD 10-16-2005 08:06 PM

so you would have preferred he removed the word "of" from "You should not of capped the turn" to form the sentence "You should not capped the turn"?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

daryn 10-16-2005 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you would have preferred he removed the word "of" from "You should not of capped the turn" to form the sentence "You should not capped the turn"?

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus 10-16-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

anyhow, "should not of" is improper english. "should not have" is the proper english, which is abbreviated in speech sometimes as "should not've", causing the confusing.