Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is there any way to look cool wearing a bike helmet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356470)

Dominic 10-12-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Is there any way to look cool wearing a bike helmet?

i think it's cooler-looking than wearing your bloody brains on the outside of your head after you crash with no helmut on.

bosoxfan 10-12-2005 11:43 PM

It's like a bike helmet only cooler

http://cool3design.hadgama.co.il/coo...n_helmet01.jpg

bwana devil 10-12-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to look cool wearing a bike helmet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Riding next to a biker wearing spandex helps.

When driving past these guys I usually yell "FAGGOT SPANDEX!" or some variant at the top of my lungs. Shakes'em out of their Lance Armstrong fantasies and gives'em something to think about while they're tooling around.

[/ QUOTE ]

lockhart, texas. so close to austin yet so far away...thankfully.

jakethebake 10-12-2005 11:49 PM

When did all this noinsense with bike helmets get started anyway? Growing up we never even heard f such a thing. We rode bikes everywhere and I never knew anyone that hurt his head. We sure as hell did more dangerous stuff than just riding down the street. What's the deal with this crap?

Voltron87 10-12-2005 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When did all this noinsense with bike helmets get started anyway? Growing up we never even heard f such a thing. We rode bikes everywhere and I never knew anyone that hurt his head. We sure as hell did more dangerous stuff than just riding down the street. What's the deal with this crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

riding without a helmet is 10x more dangerous than with one, if youre at a significant speed. huge safety benefit.

oh yeah, [censored] seatbelts too.

kyro 10-12-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When driving past these guys I usually yell "FAGGOT SPANDEX!" or some variant at the top of my lungs. Shakes'em out of their Lance Armstrong fantasies and gives'em something to think about while they're tooling around.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are the man. seriously. I WANT TO BE YOU.

jakethebake 10-12-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
riding without a helmet is 10x more dangerous than with one, if youre at a significant speed. huge safety benefit.

oh yeah, [censored] seatbelts too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious difference being that I've never heard of anyone dying on a bike. I'm sure it happens with or without helmets but I've never heard of anyone, whereas i know of any number of people that have died in car wrecks. I think people just go around looking for [censored] to be afraid of nowadays.

10-12-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, actually it's the Austin riders that I yell at. We don't have spandex wearing queers in Lockhart. I think you'd get your ass kicked for wearing something like that here.

bwana devil 10-12-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that reminds me of a story...

i was dating a girl and her mom's telling me this story about when the girl is just an infant and the parents are newly married. theyre driving through the mountains and come around a corner and a semi truck has crossed the lanes and headed right at them.

so the mom says she quickly picked up the infant girl off the dashboard and tucked her in her arms and the husband hugged the shoulder...

i cut her off and said "excuse me you had your daughter on the dashboard?"

the mom was just so matter of fact and said oh yeah that's what everyone did w/ babies in the 70s.

bwana

MikeNaked 10-13-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, actually it's the Austin riders that I yell at. We don't have spandex wearing queers in Lockhart. I think you'd get your ass kicked for wearing something like that here.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEEEEEEEHOOOOO!
http://www.thundercountry949.com/art...20hole%201.jpg