Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   This will turn out to be a good thing for us (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353476)

Zele 10-08-2005 09:21 PM

Re: This will turn out to be a good thing for us

Depends on who you are. For a breakeven player who relies on rakeback for a living, this is catastrophic news (though in the long run perhaps such a player will now be motivated to learn to really win at poker.) For a decent player, this could be quite positive.

NewGuy 10-08-2005 09:21 PM

You get less money now. This will be a good thing. Can you see why?

Will the pollyannaffiliates please step up to the microphone and enlighten us poor unfortunate Stupid People why we should be happy?

Homer 10-08-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, explain pls

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see what other people think first.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then go read the ten thousand posts in the nine other threads that make it pretty clear what other people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a better idea.

Equal 10-08-2005 09:21 PM

It's great for me... I play on Party and earn 0% rakeback and make my poker money the traditional by winning it.

Less multi-tabling TAG on skins = thousands more $ in my pocket.

SinCityGuy 10-08-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to see what other people think first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for one thing, right now on Party it says "34,400 players on 4,520 tables". In a few days, when all of the 10-tabling 2+2'ers transfer their funds over to Party, you'll see "81,523 players on 10,256 tables".

Uglyowl 10-08-2005 09:22 PM

The 800 pound gorilla has been dismantled. There will be tons of players willing to look for a new poker home and sites offering us more deals to lure us?

Homer 10-08-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You get less money now. This will be a good thing. Can you see why?

Will the pollyannaffiliates please step up to the microphone and enlighten us poor unfortunate Stupid People why we should be happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, are you saying I'm an affiliate? Because I'm not.

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's great for me... I play on Party and earn 0% rakeback and make my poker money the traditional by winning it.

Less multi-tabling TAG on skins = thousands more $ in my pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

and where are the TAGs going?

[censored] 10-08-2005 09:23 PM

I would have thought we would have already seen decreases in rake already, but instead it has been the opposite. So no I don't think there is reason to believe this will be a good thing.

There is that possibility though.

Homer 10-08-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on who you are. For a breakeven player who relies on rakeback for a living, this is catastrophic news (though in the long run perhaps such a player will now be motivated to learn to really win at poker.) For a decent player, this could be quite positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, short-term this is horrible news for the type of player you described.