Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Pink Floyd Album (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350965)

jakethebake 10-05-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Best Pink Floyd Album

[ QUOTE ]
Wish you were here by a mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily the only correct response.

AngryCola 10-05-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I always liked The Final Cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Final Cut is just awful when compared to every other Floyd album. It is truely the only time I was disappointed when I heard a new (for me) Floyd record. It shouldn't have been included in this poll at all.

I love Animals and Meddle, but the answer is Dark Side of the Moon.

Dave G. 10-05-2005 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just can't top DSoTM, but these other two albums are loaded with pure awesomeness. Echoes is one of my favourite songs ever. 23 1/2 minutes, who could pull that off today?

UncleRemus 10-05-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You just can't top DSoTM, but these other two albums are loaded with pure awesomeness. Echoes is one of my favourite songs ever. 23 1/2 minutes, who could pull that off today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about any prog band.

I agree with everyone who said Wish You Were Here. While I find the title song mediocre at best, Shine On is one of my favorite songs of all time, enough to make WYWH the best Pink Floyd album.

xorbie 10-05-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mars Volta

Mason Hellmuth 10-05-2005 04:41 PM

AMLOR AINC

captZEEbo1 10-05-2005 04:42 PM

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Piper at the Gates of Dawn. This is their most underappreciated album. IMO it's their 2nd best, right after DSOTM. Also, I really have no idea what the fuss over Animals is.

AngryCola 10-05-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I really have no idea what the fuss over Animals is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Animals > Piper at the Gates of Dawn

For the record, I bought and still own every Floyd album. While that doesn't make my opinion 'right', it does mean that I've listened to all of the albums quite a bit.

Piper is a pretty good, though.

zephed 10-05-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that doesn't pick DSOTM is just trying to be cool and different b/c that is the standard. But in reality, it's a standard for a reason, b/c it's one of the best albums of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a tossup between DSOTM and WYWH.

10-05-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Final Cut is just awful when compared to every other Floyd album. It is truely the only time I was disappointed when I heard a new (for me) Floyd record. It shouldn't have been included in this poll at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
'The Final Cut' was pretty bad. But I'd say 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' was worse (don't you hate the 80s?).