Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A6o vs 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350703)

10-05-2005 01:57 PM

Re: A6o vs 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
well if he checkraised the turn i'd be getting 7.25:1. can i really fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because several of your outs are tainted. Best scenario for you is him having two pair. Then you have all of your 9 outs. Other than that you are almost always in bad shape for a turn raise.

krishanleong 10-05-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wheelz has position in this hand and needs to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villian has QT I'd rather have the free card. Villian is getting frisky or has nothing (or close to nothing). A free card is a good thing.

Krishan - 111

Wynton 10-05-2005 02:11 PM

Recently, it seems that I've been running into a lot of people who take the same line as the villain, and end up either having been on a draw on the flop - in which case they stay till the river - or just taking a stab at the pot - in which case they fold quickly on the turn.

Do we assume that the villain will showdown with any pair? If so, then perhaps the free card is best.

daryn 10-05-2005 02:15 PM

i would call this on the river without much thought. i can see a lot of non-pair hands that would play as he did. why wouldn't he bet the turn? seems like he didn't want to get raised. if he had a straight draw i doubt he hit the king. looks like an 8 or 9 high bluff.

10-05-2005 02:19 PM

This looks just like a hand I played last night -- was I the Villain?

If it was me, I had a Q. If it wasn't me, it looks like villain has a Q. The play on the turn for a player with a Q is interesting (and, not that I'm objective, quite good, I think). The K is a scare card for Villain in lots of ways. Betting is leading with the chin. But if it DIDN'T hit hero, then there's little point for villain to bet -- it would just get hero to fold in a hand where hero probably was drawing very thin.

wheelz 10-05-2005 02:24 PM

yep you were the villain. i was a bit surprised at first to see you had checked the turn (he had Q9) but yeah, like you said, it does make sense. look what happened...

10-05-2005 02:27 PM

Right. I should have added to my earlier post that an additional benefit to the turn check is that it confuses the hell out of the opponent and will get him to call the river with a weak hand.

krishanleong 10-05-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. I should have added to my earlier post that an additional benefit to the turn check is that it confuses the hell out of the opponent and will get him to call the river with a weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also are giving a naked ace a lot of free outs which will then fold the river. That said, I have to think more about it to figure out if it's a good or bad play.

Krishan - 112

wheelz 10-05-2005 02:31 PM

however, with TQK on the board, you can't be so sure that i'm drawing very thin if i am behind.

Wynton 10-05-2005 02:32 PM

I don't like villain checking the turn. Not only does that give free cards, it's possible hero will call the turn and river with a worse hand.