Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347011)

craig r 09-30-2005 02:53 AM

Re: Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread

I know the feeling. I just hope they don't put their scrubs out there against CLE (I am a BOS fan, but have nothing bad to say about CHI..or any team for that manner). Congratulations man!

craig

LoaferGee12 09-30-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the feeling. I just hope they don't put their scrubs out there against CLE (I am a BOS fan, but have nothing bad to say about CHI..or any team for that manner). Congratulations man!

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt they'd do this .. maybe like 1 sub a game. With 3 games left I personally think it's better just to keep your guys playing.

johnnybeef 09-30-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt they'd do this .. maybe like 1 sub a game. With 3 games left I personally think it's better just to keep your guys playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I'd like to see the tribe earn their way in, I don't think that Ozzy will do this. I'm not saying the position players so much, but rather, I don't think that The Indians are going to see too many of The Sox best pitchers in an effort to get them some rest.

JayLear 09-30-2005 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I'd like to see the tribe earn their way in, I don't think that Ozzy will do this. I'm not saying the position players so much, but rather, I don't think that The Indians are going to see too many of The Sox best pitchers in an effort to get them some rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
The rotation for the weekend will remain the same, from what I understand. Buehrle tonight, Garland Saturday, and McCarthy on Sunday. I'd be very surprised to see more than 5 IP from Buehrle and Garland though.

JayLear 10-02-2005 02:43 PM

In case there was any question before today, Brandon McCarthy has a lock on the post-season roster. This guy has been absolutely awesome since being called back up in August.

LoaferGee12 10-02-2005 03:18 PM

Ya but Ozzie won't do it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JayLear 10-02-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He has to. I don't think there's even a choice.

JayLear 10-03-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it. You were right. No McCarthy in the first round of the playoffs. I'm shocked by that, especially as shakey a Vizcaino has been lately.

Voltron87 10-03-2005 05:02 PM

this is ozzie at the end of the last regular season game

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...llen100305.jpg

LoaferGee12 10-03-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it. You were right. No McCarthy in the first round of the playoffs. I'm shocked by that, especially as shakey a Vizcaino has been lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, he's not even coming out of the bullpen?? If that's the case .. I'm speechless. Vizcaino is one of the worst pitchers ever to pitch in all of baseball (little league included).