Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rounders hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=34543)

RocketManJames 05-16-2003 03:26 PM

Re: Rounders hand

If you put the DVD in slow-motion when he throws the cards in disgust, you will be able to see the pocket 10s that KGB held.

-RMJ

bernie 05-16-2003 09:17 PM

except he throws the deck (he was dealing the hand) and not just his 2 cards. watch it in slower motion. or fast.

b

Tyler Durden 05-17-2003 03:54 PM

I agree with you on this but an all-in raise for $33,000 in that game by that opponent would have me second-guessing myself.

nicky g 05-19-2003 06:46 AM

Re: Rounders: the worst poker i have ever seen

Isn't the worst hand the one against Johnny Chan? I don't play at the high limits but would Chan really lay any hand down when he could see the flop for another $300 and he's already put in $900? He's getting at least 8-1 on his call, not to mention implied odds. Surely folding is terrible poker?

happyjaypee 05-19-2003 02:26 PM

If you put the DVD in slow-motion when he throws the cards in disgust, you will be able to see the pocket 10s that KGB held.

If you put the DVD in slow-motion when he throws the cards in disgust, you will be able to see he is actually throwing the deck! he was the dealer on that hand and is hole card are protected, on the table, in front of him.

-Happy [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

happyjaypee 05-19-2003 02:28 PM

would Chan really lay any hand down when he could see the flop for another $300 and he's already put in $900?

The flop was already out. It's actually the flop betting we see in the movie.

-Happy [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

nicky g 05-20-2003 06:41 AM

Really? That makes a lot more sense, but I don't think it's clear from the film. I'll watch again.

lefty rosen 05-20-2003 04:35 PM

Maybe Chan had rags too(or Ace high) didnt want to call the "obvious loser". Plus they had to have that scene for dramatic affect..... Love the scene myself "You sonofabitch you put a move on Chan".

Nottom 05-20-2003 04:49 PM

I get a kick out of how Mike decides he can win the WSOP after winning one hand in a limit game against Chan.

SoBeDude 05-20-2003 05:05 PM

As I recall,

He never said he was sure he'd win. He said he was good enough to sit at that table, didn't he?

But you rounders freaks should know better than I.

I can't believe you people actually do things like slo-mo the movie to try to figure out KGB's hand...

-Scott