Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   poker sites "juicing" the game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344810)

Uglyowl 09-26-2005 07:02 PM

Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

Stay away from Party and Empire. Eurobet is the place to be, they have a good RNG there that is true.

SomethingClever 09-26-2005 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party/Empire are suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

UB, Stars, Paradise, FullTilt and Pacific(limited) seem legit.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[ QUOTE ]

I do not have enough data for definitive proof at this time, and your questions will be met with sarcasm and rudeness on these discussion boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Do you see why?

FlFishOn 09-26-2005 07:22 PM

To believe in the honesty of online poker across the board is folly.

09-26-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stay away from Party and Empire. Eurobet is the place to be, they have a good RNG there that is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly ever see bad beats at euro, not nearly as many as i see at party anyway.

SoftcoreRevolt 09-26-2005 07:27 PM

Online poker is as juiced as Jason Giambi has been this year.

HopeydaFish 09-26-2005 07:33 PM

You should have included some options like "I don't think so, but anything is possible" or "It's possible that some sites are, though most sites aren't". You're asking a question that nobody can be 100% sure about the answer (despite protestations to the contrary from many posters on here).

My view is that anything is possible...though I highly doubt that the big sites are rigged.

09-26-2005 07:41 PM

Don't be worried about the software of a reputable site, be worried about people playing multiple accounts.

William 09-26-2005 07:42 PM

Further curious...if taking money from the site is a bad thing to be punished, why do so many people continue to take money from the site month after month after month?

Because online poker sites have created a new kind of player, the winning fish these players are poor players, but as they keep winning over the better players, everybody, including themselves, assume they are good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William 09-26-2005 07:51 PM

Let's assume you have 30 million dollars.
Let's assume you want to invest them and start an online poker site.
Let's assume you have to make a decision:
1. Perfect site, no rigging, after 6 months all sharks are laughing, all fishes are broke, after a year you are bankrupt.
2. Rigged, sharks still win, just not as much as they should. Fishes still lose, just not as much as they should.

As a businessman what do you do?

yes, yes, I know, usual replies, assume you're an idiot, 3 jump in the river, etc... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

benfranklin 09-26-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly ever see bad beats at euro, not nearly as many as i see at party anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell if these are serious, but I'll risk responding to a troll. And there are newbs here who really don't know.

If you play ring games or SnGs at Party, Empire, Euro, Multi, or Intertops, you are playing at the same site, using the same RNG. Only some tournaments are unique to the different sites. If you are playing a 1/2 limit holdem game at Euro, other people at your table can be playing at any of those other sites.