Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   satellite radio (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342916)

HDPM 09-24-2005 04:55 PM

Re: satellite radio

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is worse about the sirius equipment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the newest stuff. But XM is better for personal devices. I think the other receivers are more varied and advanced. XM I think, check me on it tho, will come out with a combined MP3 and sat. personal play device much quicker. It is either out now or coming soon. I am not sure. I have it in my car and have a boom box thing. These are both a few yrs old. My wife has it in her GM vehicle. I have not shopped the new personal devices.

09-24-2005 06:15 PM

how much do u pay per month

JayLear 09-24-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sirius has Stern. XM has Opie and Anthony. O&A are a whole lot better than Stern BTW. They pwn him pretty consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]
I strenuously object.

JayLear 09-24-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but quality wise he blows compared to O&A.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you say this when they basically just do Stern's show, except less funny?

Slacker13 09-24-2005 06:42 PM

I have sirius and love it. Has all the NFL football games and NBA.

Slacker13 09-24-2005 06:46 PM

I paid $95 for the year. Sirius

HDPM 09-24-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but quality wise he blows compared to O&A.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you say this when they basically just do Stern's show, except less funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they are a lot more funny than the washed up howard stern. And they don't claim to have invented radio, like stern does now. Stern is worse than Al Gore claiming he invented the internet. All stern does now is say he was the first ever to do anything. He blows and is just banking on his reputation. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

slamdunkpro 09-24-2005 06:53 PM

Wow, my info was a little out of date. I'm going to go kick my broker in the teeth~

Slacker13 09-24-2005 06:55 PM

I completely depends what you want in programming. They both have the same music, news, comedy etc.. But one has NFL and one doesn't. I got sirius because of the NFL package and love their service.
I wouldn't choose becuase you think one is more financially stable than the other as someone said. It's not like they will go out of business, they would be bought before that happened.

As far as opey and anthony i have never heard them. Always heard they were trying to copy stern.

I do think XM's equipment was nicer in the past but sirius has some nice equipment out now.

I say go with sirius.

Slacker13 09-24-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is in better financial shape

[/ QUOTE ]
what does that have to do with anything?