Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   POP CULTURE: Corgan vs. Reznor vs. Manson (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342780)

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-23-2005 01:16 PM

Re: POP CULTURE: Corgan vs. Reznor vs. Manson

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen one. Will it break if you crack someone in the head with it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It bends at the knee, though, and it might snap at the knee if you really crack a guy with it perpendicular to the joint's natural motion. I'm pretty sure this would knock the guy out, though, and you'll still have a decent 20"+ of weapon left to use on the next guy. In fact, I might prefer the busted leg.

swede123 09-23-2005 01:17 PM

I'd like to see them in a traditional gladiator match. Reznor would wield a big spear, Corgan a gladius (sword) and a shield, and Manson would have the trident and net setup.

They would each get one week of training, then be set loose in the arena in a one vs one vs one match. I think Reznor would win this one, he just seems more agile than the other two.

Swede

Shajen 09-23-2005 01:21 PM

Ok, you seem serious enough about this that my glib comments need not apply.

I like Swede's idea of a gladiator setup, but I'd prefer they not have ANY training. Would make it more interesting to see Manson spear himself.

First off, I figure Manson would be the first to go. Since Corgan and Reznor both know it's a battle between the two of them, they'd tag team Manson and dispatch him real quick.

From there, remove the weapons and flood the coliseum. Make it a nautical battle. That would rule. I don't have an opinion on which one would make a better pirate, so I am undecided on who wins.

Can we set this up?

Etaipo 09-23-2005 01:35 PM

Haven't you people ever seen Celebrity Death Match?

Manson, by a landslide.

istewart 09-23-2005 01:39 PM

How about Maynard James Keenan vs. John Maynard Keynes?

bravos1 09-23-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't you people ever seen Celebrity Death Match?

Manson, by a landslide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here.. MM wins hands down. All he would need to do is walk in naked.. everyone viewing would have their head instantly explode!

09-23-2005 02:57 PM

Each can happen independently:

Billy Corgan (w/shaved head) - His huge bald head erupts and out pops an alien space creature to do damage to Reznor and Manson.

Marilyn Manson - conjures up the spirits of the dead. Wherein the ghost of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls proceed to bust caps in the respective asses of both Corgan and Reznor.

Trent Reznor - (w/ his fetish bent) ( e.g. leather wardrobe, Closer video, et. al.) - used chains and whips to beat Corgan and Marilyn into submission. He proceeds to restrain them, whereupon he calls out, "the gimp" who proceeds to anally rape the two musicians. The gimp reveals himself to be Rob Halford of Judas Priest. Rob proceeds to go medieval on Reznor as well and proclaim himself a "bad muthafaka"

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-23-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gimp reveals himself to be Rob Halford of Judas Priest. Rob proceeds to go medieval on Reznor as well and proclaim himself a "bad muthafaka"

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice.