Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I'm going to puke (warning, bad beat post) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341700)

Subfallen 09-25-2005 02:24 AM

Re: I\'m going to puke (warning, bad beat post)

You should not continue playing poker.

montechristo 09-25-2005 03:31 PM

limit players do not know the meaning of a bad beat.

riseabove 09-25-2005 07:09 PM

youre going to puke over this hand? first of all thats uber-small stakes, you lost what $15? that will barely pay for a twelve-pack of heineken.

start posting bad beats when you play 20/40 minimum. this is a joke.

riseabove 09-25-2005 09:15 PM

<---------upside down bottle of dom

oh 34.25 big BLINDS. you guys and your [censored] abreviations. still that dont even buy a bottle of dom.

skiier04 09-25-2005 10:18 PM

Re: <---------upside down bottle of dom

[ QUOTE ]
oh 34.25 big BLINDS. you guys and your [censored] abreviations. still that dont even buy a bottle of dom.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre an idiot

JohnnyHumongous 09-25-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

youre an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, but he's got a point, OP CAN'T afford a bottle of dom.

Bodhi 09-26-2005 01:20 PM

no, BB is "big bets," i.e. 34.25x4=$137

Not a huge amount of money, but more than a single buy-in.

As for those saying I should stop playing poker, I withdrew my entire bank roll a few days ago.

Nigel 09-26-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, BB is "big bets," i.e. 34.25x4=$137

Not a huge amount of money, but more than a single buy-in.

As for those saying I should stop playing poker, I withdrew my entire bank roll a few days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? Why?

Bodhi 09-26-2005 01:44 PM

Despite the fact that I've won money pretty consistently over the past year online, I hate the swings and the bad beats from terrible players. No doubt, there are many things that I could improve in my game, but it's the psychological stress of it all that broke my will to continue playing so seriously. I know a lot of people here can sustain it, but I cannot. I may play to clear some bonuses in the future, but I need to take poker much less seriously in my life if I am going to enjoy it.

The origin of my problem is that I'm extremely competitive when I play games. I insist on winning every time and can't even think of going easier on inexperienced players or people I like (whether I'm playing chess, poker, or whatever...). This drive caused me to do the necessary and unnatural things for winning long-term at poker, but the short-term losses to people playing badly drives me insane.

bernie 09-26-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
start posting bad beats when you play 20/40 minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

If one is playing 20-40, they should be at the point where they never post a bad beat post like this. It's such a micro limit thing to do.

b