Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341091)

xenthebrain 09-21-2005 12:21 PM

Re: AK

I'd pop that river. The rest looks fine to me.
Would you have taken a freecard on the turn if you had the chance or would you have bet and take a free showdown UI?

kenberman 09-21-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, if you don't think you're King is good why call the turn bet and if you do why not raise the river? Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you good enough to fold to a 3 bet? Because that's what you need to be if you want to raise this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats crazy. I raise and call a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously. anybody folding to a river 3 bet here, w/o a real good read, is crazy.

also, OP needs to raise this river, and I don't think it's close.

aces_dad 09-21-2005 01:35 PM

He said this earlier:

I don't really get what the flop raise accomplishes. What were you planning to do if he checked the turn to you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check.

I'm getting 8:1 if I call, and I figured if I raised I might lose the SB and get a free card in the process.

I think raising is better than calling, so I raised.

Preytar 09-21-2005 01:44 PM

I don't see a ton of strength from his preflop and flop calls. I'm putting him on medium pocket pair or two big overs with the possibility of him not pushing a set on the flop. I would raise the turn and call his 3 bet.

Call the river if he leads, and lead if he checks.

Did he end up showing AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something like that?

cold_cash 09-21-2005 02:45 PM

I don't think raising the turn is a good idea, simply because I think there's way too much of a chance that we're behind and there's no way he's folding any better hand.

He had A2, no diamond. (Which begs the question, what do I do if I don't catch on the river?)

09-21-2005 02:49 PM

With the 2nd nut flush I would raise/call the river. There's a small chance he was donking a flush draw the whole way, but even then, he could just have a smaller flush.

Preytar 09-21-2005 04:00 PM

I see your side of it. Four to the flush (especially when it is a high card) has always been a thorn in my side.

If you miss the river, I still think you have to make a crying call as the pot is so big. I say that, but it would be hard for me to do.

I don't think you played this hand poorly.

Brian

Buckmulligan 09-21-2005 04:24 PM

I don't raise the flop. When played that way, I'll throw in a raise on the turn probably 60% of the time with that turn card. Given the action, I'm always raising the river. Versus a 3 bet, our equity is pretty low, but I doubt it's low enough to fold.

xenthebrain 09-21-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He said this earlier:

I don't really get what the flop raise accomplishes. What were you planning to do if he checked the turn to you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check.

I'm getting 8:1 if I call, and I figured if I raised I might lose the SB and get a free card in the process.

I think raising is better than calling, so I raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I saw that later, but I didn't read the replies before I posted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ErrantNight 09-22-2005 03:15 PM

a loose passive leads this flop and you want to raise? what for?

pot size has nothing to do with it, and a larger pot would make me less inclined to raise, not more. i'm assuming you hit raise because you decided this was random spazziness, although i'm not sure what gave you that impression in this particular hand.