Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I'm trying to learn how to fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338491)

cartman 09-17-2005 02:33 AM

Re: I\'m trying to learn how to fold

I would have probably agonized and folded on the turn also, but I can certainly see the case for showing down on a non-flush river card.

If you were in CO's shoes, how would you guys play KK?
I think I would have to fold on the turn.

Thanks,
Cartman

wackjob 09-17-2005 02:44 AM

I know you want comments on your flop play.. but I think when you 3-bet PF the hand plays an entirely different way. I think the fold is good given the way you played the flop.

joedot 09-17-2005 03:52 AM

Someone says that he has to have you beat "unless he is a total nut." Well guess what, Party Poker and all internet sites for that matter are full of nuts, and I would pay this hand off. Especially since there is a draw on the board, and even without it I call this down and it is good far more than you would think. Since I started calling hands like this down my winrate has gone way up, and I am willing to lose more pots, because the ones I win more than compensate for the few bad ones. Maybe against a weak player this is a fold, but not against the chumps I see daily on party.

09-17-2005 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone says that he has to have you beat "unless he is a total nut." Well guess what, Party Poker and all internet sites for that matter are full of nuts, and I would pay this hand off. Especially since there is a draw on the board, and even without it I call this down and it is good far more than you would think. Since I started calling hands like this down my winrate has gone way up, and I am willing to lose more pots, because the ones I win more than compensate for the few bad ones. Maybe against a weak player this is a fold, but not against the chumps I see daily on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've already established that villain is TAG.

NLSoldier 09-17-2005 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you want comments on your flop play.. but I think when you 3-bet PF the hand plays an entirely different way. I think the fold is good given the way you played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya 3betting pf is my standard play, i thin the only reason i didnt was cuz i had two HU tables going at teh time.

oreogod 09-17-2005 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the preflop/flop wierdness I like it.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Im assuming this means u three bet preflop...but as it was played you go into WA/WB mode (or just call the flop raise as played)?

TomBrooks 09-17-2005 06:50 AM

Since you planned on folding to a raise, I'd rather check/call the river.

krishanleong 09-17-2005 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the preflop/flop wierdness I like it.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Im assuming this means u three bet preflop...but as it was played you go into WA/WB mode (or just call the flop raise as played)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 3-betting preflop and leading the flop.

Krishan

chio 09-17-2005 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya 3betting pf is my standard play, i thin the only reason i didnt was cuz i had two HU tables going at teh time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate 3betting with AJo out of position multiway vs a TAG raise here. you don't have dominating equity and it makes it harder to play postflop

sthief09 09-17-2005 11:50 AM

vnh