Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Aces checkraised twice? 2/4 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338291)

silkyslim 10-15-2005 10:01 PM

Re: Aces checkraised twice? 2/4

i would 3 bet turn, he could be doing that with a pair of kings very often.

MrEngenic 10-16-2005 10:44 AM

Can we get som clarity in this issue. Those of you who 3bet this, do you really think this is +EV?

SCfuji 10-16-2005 10:48 AM

how good do you feel about your hand if the villain puts in the 4th bet on the turn?

W. Deranged 10-16-2005 11:12 AM

Here's my opinion on this hand:

1. Our hand is good enough to merit putting in 4 big bets on the last two streets; villain's checkraise if quite likely to mean either top pair, some kind of weird draw/bluff/semi-bluff, or a two pair against which we have tons of outs. Even after the turn check-raise, we have substantial equity in this hand, and I have no reason to believe that equity will decrease until villain does something to suggest it is lower than I thought (like check-raise the river).

2. Therefore, we should decide on a line that tends to get in that many bets. Calling down is probably just a little bit on the weak side here; it is certainly not horrible, but my intuition is that getting in an extra bet is going to be +EV in the long-run (this will vary greatly depending on your read of your opponent).

Our two options are:

-Three-betting the turn and betting the river (probably with the intent of folding to a turn cap OR a river check-raise).
-Calling the turn with the intent of raising the river if the river card is not very scary, and folding to a river three-bet.

I think there are arguments for both here.

The first line is better in that it tends to get a bet out of an opponent that is drawing or something like that.

The second line is better in that you are very unlikely to be three-bet on the end, even by many hands you are beating, and don't risk having to fold to a turn cap and forgo outs (particularly against two pair).

These are both significant considerations and my decision between the two would largely depend on my read of villain's aggressiveness. I like line two (raising the river) a lot against an aggro opponent who might cap the turn light and who'll usually bet into me on the river, even with a missed draw or something.

MrEngenic 10-16-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our two options are:

-Three-betting the turn and betting the river (probably with the intent of folding to a turn cap OR a river check-raise).
-Calling the turn with the intent of raising the river if the river card is not very scary, and folding to a river three-bet.

I think there are arguments for both here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There can be no argument for either line.

[ QUOTE ]

The first line is better in that it tends to get a bet out of an opponent that is drawing or something like that.

The second line is better in that you are very unlikely to be three-bet on the end, even by many hands you are beating, and don't risk having to fold to a turn cap and forgo outs (particularly against two pair).

These are both significant considerations and my decision between the two would largely depend on my read of villain's aggressiveness. I like line two (raising the river) a lot against an aggro opponent who might cap the turn light and who'll usually bet into me on the river, even with a missed draw or something

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if he'll bet the river with a missed draw. He won't call your raise with it. And if he'll cap the turn light, why would you fold to a turn cap?

Also, remember, this is against an unknown.

Dagger78 10-16-2005 02:03 PM

For those of you saying to 3 bet the turn, what do you do if he caps?

I'd say call down, bet/call the river when he checks.

B Dids 10-16-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why isn't 78s plausable? And K9s as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many players open limp 78 or K9.

[ QUOTE ]
KQ probably would have raise preflo. KJ might have, making it less likely. The others are definetly possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ should raise PF, but often doesn't at this game. I think KJ is very likely here.

[ QUOTE ]

Underpairs will fold to a 3-bet. If we just call however, we will get them to bet the river quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I actually agree on this...not sure why i put it in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason that KQo doesn't raise preflop, 78 and K9 will be open limited. You're contradicting yourself.

To the owner of the most talked about Ipod Mini ever: I think you probably win more and lose less with your line. Absent reads, I pay off the river c/r because I hate folding.

Delzek15 10-16-2005 06:22 PM

Meh... It looks fine IMO.

crunchy1 10-16-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think many players open limp 78 or K9.

KQ should raise PF, but often doesn't at this game. I think KJ is very likely here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason that KQo doesn't raise preflop, 78 and K9 will be open limited. You're contradicting yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

crunchy1 10-16-2005 06:35 PM

3-bet the turn. At the 2/4 game this isn't even a close decision.

When you post - stop the action after the turn check-raise next time. There wouldn't be near the debate there has been on a turn 3-bet if we wouldn't have seen the river action.