Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WCOOP 500 PLHE Bustout Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334149)

Exitonly 09-11-2005 01:07 AM

Re: WCOOP 500 PLHE Bustout Hand

[ QUOTE ]
You have too much hand to fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't easily give credit for a made flush here.. i'd think i'm most likely vs two over's and a diamond.. or an overzealous 88/99.. though imagine it could be JJ too.

just did a little bit of pokerstove and i got you ahead of his range there... so i think i like it

MLG 09-11-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let mw ask you this instead since we seem to agree on the raisers range, what hands do you see utg+1 coldcalling in this spot that he will now laydown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. 99/JJ w/diamond. AQ with Q of diamonds and maybe AK with K of diamonds. Also any overpair with no diamonds.

2005 09-11-2005 01:29 AM

This hand looks a little familiar... I like checking the flop too. As it is, I don't think you can get away from it the way you played it.

MLG 09-11-2005 01:30 AM

oh god this must bring up some bad memories.

TheTimeIsUp 09-11-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand looks a little familiar... I like checking the flop too. As it is, I don't think you can get away from it the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing before I even posted it.

2005 09-11-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh god this must bring up some bad memories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I'm pretty much over it.

kuro 09-11-2005 09:11 AM

How weak-tight do you think just pushing the flop is? Makes it clear to villains that you're not just making a continuation bet with a missed AK and you've made the odds for drawing to the flush as bad as possible. It's difficult to call with out the nut draw and maybe you get a hand like JJ without a diamond to lay. If you check-raise villains invest more into the pot and are less likely to fold their draws which are likely ahead of yours and you're probably getting it all-in anyway.

Rekwob 09-11-2005 11:21 AM

pot limit

i think check raising is best here since you can check raise all in and actually put some pressure on the other players (and get away from a bet and raise), whereas your cont. bet doesnt necessarily mean you like your hand and by the time someones raised you cant fold it because you're 50-50 or ahead more than enough to get it in there

DonButtons 09-11-2005 10:36 PM

I prob. fold to the reraise, the cold caller scares me, because he either has the Ace of diamonds or a monster, and either way if he has a monster, utg3 prob. has the Ad or the monster, so I think you have to lay it down here.