Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   was this fastplay correct? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333781)

flawless_victory 09-11-2005 12:48 AM

Re: was this fastplay correct?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good if that is standerd. Why not i mix it up sometimes i over bet AA sometime i overbet 22 depends on the night and donkeys sitting. I dont mind it it is read dependent, if that is standard then why not?

[/ QUOTE ]someone get this idiot some coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]
someone play me HU for 20 dollars and ill come down. Banging
Flawless victories girls is not enough

[/ QUOTE ]dont play too big and bust your whole roll kid...

arod15 09-11-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good if that is standerd. Why not i mix it up sometimes i over bet AA sometime i overbet 22 depends on the night and donkeys sitting. I dont mind it it is read dependent, if that is standard then why not?

[/ QUOTE ]someone get this idiot some coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]
someone play me HU for 20 dollars and ill come down. Banging
Flawless victories girls is not enough

[/ QUOTE ]dont play too big and bust your whole roll kid...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right i challenge you to 5 dollars HU half my roll.....
Dont listen to me i drunk i apologize in andvacne but i will play you HU or anyone for that matter HU for anywhere up to 100 because im saving up for a house otherwise id play for much more. Again im drunk so i didnt mean the crack i respect your game.

edge 09-11-2005 01:33 AM

HEY GUYS I'M DRUNK BECAUSE I WAS DRINKING ALCOHOL TONIGHT

DRINKING IS COOL TO DO, SO NOW I'M DRUNK, AND I FEEL GREAT

PS. I'M DRUNK DON'T TAKE WHAT I'M SAYING SERIOUSLY

Allinlife 09-11-2005 01:38 AM

why is it that everytime someone's drunk, they post on how drunk they are on 2+2? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BobboFitos 09-11-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it that everytime someone's drunk, they post on how drunk they are on 2+2? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously. like... WOW IM SO COOL BECAUSE I GET TO COME HOME AND BE DRUNK AND SPEND THAT TIME ON 2+2 WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW.

flawless_victory 09-11-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i would have more posts than diablo if this were true...

cero_z 09-11-2005 01:45 AM

Hi mike,

Your flop raise is a little smaller than optimal, but 400 would be too much. You should be raising it about the pot (which in this case would be making it 240 to go), but if you go beyond 300, you're gonna miss out on some action you want. Going smaller, as you did, is all right if you know there's a decent chance someone will re-raise that bet. You said so-and-so thinks you're FOS; does he also have the stones to make a big play without a big hand when he thinks that? If so, perfect raise.

edge 09-11-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker players are pretty nerdy, especially ones who spend a lot of time writing about the theory of a gambling game. It's a kind of social validation thing--I'm cool because sometimes I drink alcohol in excess, and that's what other young adults do for fun (as you can see, I'm pretty normal, and not as weird as the rest of you guys LOL). People also like to impress others, and it's so easy to project a false image on the Internet.

EDIT: PS. I'M HIGH RIGHT NOW LOL

DcifrThs 09-11-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker players are pretty nerdy, especially ones who spend a lot of time writing about the theory of a gambling game. It's a kind of social validation thing--I'm cool because sometimes I drink alcohol in excess, and that's what other young adults do for fun (as you can see, I'm pretty normal, and not as weird as the rest of you guys LOL). People also like to impress others, and it's so easy to project a false image on the Internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

while your first part i agree with i think that if you look at the population of very successful poker players, a very large chunk of that distribution lead well balanced lives in terms of social/economic/girlfriend related trends. of course im extrapolating my experience talking with schneider/bk/james/dougie/paluka/ed/clark/enon/bunky/tpir/yaser/randy/diplomatdcm (davemac)and a few others etc. but for the most part everybody who ive met on 2p2 or through it has a decent balance.

the reason i point that out is b/c you stated that those who spend a good deal of time theorizing about gambling tend to be neardy and that poker players are pretty nerdy...id look at it the other way. while what you say may be true, those who are SUCESSFUL at it tend to be significantly less nerdy, in those terms, than those who spend time theorizing about it. if you can't do, you teach, poker experts notwithstanding.

Barron

Alexthegreat 09-11-2005 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while your first part i agree with i think that if you look at the population of very successful poker players, a very large chunk of that distribution lead well balanced lives in terms of social/economic/girlfriend related trends. of course im extrapolating my experience talking with schneider/bk/james/dougie/paluka/ed/clark/enon/bunky/tpir/yaser/randy/diplomatdcm (davemac)and a few others etc. but for the most part everybody who ive met on 2p2 or through it has a decent balance.

the reason i point that out is b/c you stated that those who spend a good deal of time theorizing about gambling tend to be neardy and that poker players are pretty nerdy...id look at it the other way. while what you say may be true, those who are SUCESSFUL at it tend to be significantly less nerdy, in those terms, than those who spend time theorizing about it. if you can't do, you teach, poker experts notwithstanding.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a balanced life does not make you cool. The nerdery factor on these boards is astoundingly high. Like, I always tell myself I'm not going to partake in the nerdery, but after a few minutes, I'm caught up in it, and then I make a very nerdy post.

Like this one.

[censored].