Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   i hate AKs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333178)

downtown 09-09-2005 03:31 PM

Re: i hate AKs

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. But how is a hand that is dominated only by 2 other hands (6 card combinations), marginal? It may be overplayed by many, but AK is by no means marginal. You are rarely behind if you hit the flop with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is saying the push/call decision is marginal, not the holding itself.

kong98 09-09-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am being coy this morning.
Let me rephrase some things.

A) I dont think pushing is the best option.
B) Post flop play isnt very important at a $5 SnG in the early levels
C) Post flop play isnt very important at a $5 SnG period
D) Early play at a $5 SnG is hardly important either, so clicking autofold and fixing a snack while not paying attention to level 1-3 is still + EV at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

If one's only goal is to be a winner at the 5's then you are probably correct about the importance of post-flop play.

However OP is clearly trying to improve his game. By being "coy" I think you're doing a great disservice to the OP and new readers who don't know enough to distinguish good advice from bad.

If he doesn't learn any post-flop play at the 5's, how is he ever going to learn it?

jwesty5 09-09-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If one's only goal is to be a winner at the 5's then you are probably correct about the importance of post-flop play.

However OP is clearly trying to improve his game. By being "coy" I think you're doing a great disservice to the OP and new readers who don't know enough to distinguish good advice from bad.

If he doesn't learn any post-flop play at the 5's, how is he ever going to learn it?

[/ QUOTE ]

By playing ring games or deep stacked MTT. If you want to learn post flop play SNG's are probably the last place I'd try.

Tea_Bagger 09-09-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By playing ring games or deep stacked MTT. If you want to learn post flop play SNG's are probably the last place I'd try.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta remember that starting stacks are 15friggin00, which is pretty deep. And if this is like the SNGs I play at pokerroom.com, the blinds start out at 10-20. This gives you PLENTY of room to manuever before it becomes 2 card poker. Playing after the flop is crucial as this is where you get Ax to give his stack to you when you hold AK/AQ after the A flops. Plus, most $5 SNGers are such donks that you can get away from second best hands pretty easily or draw cheaply. I say give THEM as many opportunities as possible to make mistakes so YOU can capitalize.