Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   2 AK hands, your play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332872)

Scuba Chuck 09-09-2005 03:10 PM

Re: 2 AK hands, your play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you might be giving up the possibility to stack someone with a weaker ace. Folding AK here can't be good CEV wise...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously if I don't play a hand, I can't double up. That rationale could be used for every hand. I'm also giving up the possibility of crippling myself or losing my entire stack.

I don't hate calling, but I think you're kidding yourself if you proclaim with certainty that folding is a mistake. I almost never fold AK, but folding it under these conditions would not be terrible. What range are you putting UTG on w/o a read here?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I said you were a pussy.

45suited 09-09-2005 03:15 PM

Good analysis. Very deep. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Much better to say that than actually consider that there might be some validity to what I'm saying.

It is actually possible for two people to have differing opinions on a hand and still both be winning players. I think that it's a closer decision than you're willing to admit, but it's just easier to call me a pussy.

I guess I can't really complain, since when I made the post, I knew what would be coming. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

durron597 09-09-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is actually possible for two people to have differing opinions on a hand and still both be winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, because otherwise one of us wouldn't be a winning player and it would probably be me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

chipolino 09-09-2005 03:23 PM

Hand 1: Call. If I flop a pair I'm all-in.

Hand 2: Call.

durron597 09-09-2005 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Call. If I flop a pair I'm all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you don't you just burned 20% of your stack with what is likely the best hand or has a decent chance of being the best hand by the river.

chipolino 09-09-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first thought on the first hand was that villain isn't folding pre-flop after betting 30% of his stack. Against any pair, you're a coin flip (blech). Since you're first to act after the flop, why not just call

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think that the 900 chips that u got left when u miss the flop still have some FE left in them.

Scuba Chuck 09-09-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good analysis. Very deep. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Much better to say that than actually consider that there might be some validity to what I'm saying.

It is actually possible for two people to have differing opinions on a hand and still both be winning players. I think that it's a closer decision than you're willing to admit, but it's just easier to call me a pussy.

I guess I can't really complain, since when I made the post, I knew what would be coming. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, that's why I didn't say you were wrong