Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Zweig rumour (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332604)

Lucky 09-09-2005 01:12 AM

Re: Zweig rumour

I enjoy the NL superstar posts, especially as they relate to issues that matter to all of us as we move up: pushing small edges, game selection, bankroll management and tilt disguised as pushing small edges.

Once you get passed raise pf, bet/call raise on flop, c/r allin on turn, this is what will make you a lot of money....or lose it.

whitelime 09-09-2005 01:45 AM

Not to hijack this thread, but anyone know who 'TheSea' is on Prima?

09-09-2005 02:52 AM

It's a shared account, at least three very good online players used to play with it, Patrick Antonius(i_knockout_u, tryharderfish...) Erik Sagstrom (erik123, thesalmon..) but from what ive seen in the chat is that only Fuat Can(nesta123) is using it now.

IHateCats 09-09-2005 03:06 AM

What kind of dope are you smoking that you classify ZeeJustin in with Spirit Rock/Zweig/Mahatma? And more importantly, where do you get it?

psyduck 09-09-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of dope are you smoking that you classify ZeeJustin in with Spirit Rock/Zweig/Mahatma? And more importantly, where do you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They play different sorts of games. It obviously takes skill to play 12 $215s with a 10% ROI too. You can't really compare ZeeJustin and Prahlad, but they each have games that they dominate.

Leaky Eye 09-09-2005 03:49 AM

I dominate the party 25-PL

kirahvi 09-09-2005 04:44 AM

According to my PT, Zweig is down $350k on Prima in September (4000 hands).

Thomsen 09-09-2005 05:34 AM

why do u care ?

Does he owe u money ?

Komodo 09-09-2005 06:29 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
i saw him take a pretty huge hit heads up on the 200/400NL on prima.

forgot the opponents name, but zweig lost about 130K in about an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in favor of posts about the high limit games in general, but this thread and the responses in it are pretty ridiculous and contain absolutely zero strategic content. Do you really think it's big news that a high stakes player lost 3 buyins in an hour? I understand that the dollar values are astronomical, but that is just a fact of a 200/400 game. It's not interesting that someone is playing really high stakes games or that you're watching them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 3 buyins. 7 buyins in an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of attacking me again and again, can you explain the math behind this?
* Zweig lost 130k in one hour
* One buyin=20k
According to my pocket calculator 130/20=6,5 buyins
But obviously I must do something terribly wrong in my calculations, since 3 people have already tried to correct me.

Sponger15SB 09-09-2005 06:54 AM

1 buy-in in a $200-400nl game is $40,000

The one thing I don't get is why Zweig and TheSea play HU NL so much on prima. You'd think one of them would realize by now that its -EV to play.