Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fight night at the Wynn... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332527)

Yeknom58 09-08-2005 09:08 PM

Re: Fight night at the Wynn...

I would have killed to see this action.

And how the hell did you know that the woman's peticure was ruined????

smb394 09-08-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She probably bitched about it for several orbits.

Al_Capone_Junior 09-08-2005 09:37 PM

But Marge! I want to do some rioting!!! -Homer Simpson.

Sounds like a hoot. Wish I could have seen it.

al

Evan 09-08-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absurd. The average white guy in the NBA is orders of magnitude smaller and less intimidating than the average black guy. Even if that wasn't true, who cares? He was identifying the guy. Should I be offended that he also called him "huge"?

itsmarty 09-08-2005 09:55 PM

At the point it was mentioned in the story, it appeared to have been used to paint a more menacing picture of the individual. It was inappropriate.

Martin

Evan 09-08-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the point it was mentioned in the story, it appeared to have been used to paint a more menacing picture of the individual. It was inappropriate.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel so sorry for the people that waste their energy getting offended by things like this.

cow_phunk 09-08-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She probably bitched about it for several orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey-OO!!!!!!!!!!

Luv2DriveTT 09-08-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absurd. The average white guy in the NBA is orders of magnitude smaller and less intimidating than the average black guy. Even if that wasn't true, who cares? He was identifying the guy. Should I be offended that he also called him "huge"?

[/ QUOTE ]

considering your height, absolutely. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

ps: describing the guy as black is ok, but the way the OP phrased it does slightly smell of bigotry to me. But I can also see how some people wouldn't see it that way.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bwana devil 09-08-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is clearly the case.

people who say it's never offensive to point out someone's race are usually wrong as are the people who always thinks it's offensive to point out someone's race. i think the original post is an example of when it's clearly not appropriate.

arod15 09-08-2005 10:16 PM

Thats so funny. I hope somone got his chips either legally or if he dropped it they picked it up.....