Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A hand from the archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330912)

fizzleboink 09-06-2005 05:13 PM

Re: A hand from the archives

I was exaggerating because this hand definitely isn't as bad as TheHip41 was making it seem. It's a good hand.

I didn't find the turn easy. My initial reaction was to call as you don't have greater than 50% equity, but after I read:

"mmbt0ne: a raise makes it -EV for a naked A to call on straight outs "

It made sense and it actually worked and made the difference, which was cool.

SoSo 09-06-2005 05:13 PM

If you removed the ep loose limper from the hand i love pf, against 3 tags and a weak loose ur only getting action from made hands or when there drawing. There gonna go mad with there aces on a rag board and ur only coming back at them when ur made and ur getting so much value from ur small 2 pairs or small flushes/str8s.

09-06-2005 05:15 PM

Cap for value a hand that at best we have a 35% chance of winning?

Willluck 09-06-2005 05:15 PM

flop: 3-5's, 2-2's, b/d flush, b/d straight(8 outs) but it's really more like 3.5-4 outs to actually win the hand, getting around 8-1 (assuming EP calls) in immediate pot odds, this play isn't terrible when you consider implied odds. However, you still have to consider reverse implied odds when you improve to second best hands and lose (which isn't unlikely given the pot size). I think I fold because there is a good chance that EP will 3-bet and PFR will cap or someone else will 3-bet, etc.

Turn: I don't like the raise at all, because you are basically isolating the PFR who, at this point, has basically established he has a hand and is ready to show it down.

River: I don't see any other way you could play that.

jason_t 09-06-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap for value a hand that at best we have a 35% chance of winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no value in that.

09-06-2005 05:17 PM

Sorry mean to reply to SoSo's post.

brazilio 09-06-2005 05:17 PM

Read mmbt0ne's post, that turn raise is pretty much mandatory.

jason_t 09-06-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: I don't like the raise at all, because you are basically isolating the PFR who, at this point, has basically established he has a hand and is ready to show it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to this hand is understanding the turn raise.

SoSo 09-06-2005 05:20 PM

i don't recall putting nething in my post about capping the turn for value.

09-06-2005 05:24 PM

Had I been playing this, I would have folded, because it took me way too long to count the outs properly. And, even after taking a long time, I'm still not sure if I'm right or not.

Ignoring pre-flop... I'd say Hero has about 6 outs on the flop. For the backdoor flush and straights, I'd give him about 1.5 outs each. Then for the remaining 2s, about 1.5 outs (a 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] gives someone else a possible flush draw and maybe a FH) and the 5s about 1.5 outs (flush draw and straight possibilites). So, Hero needs pot odds of 6.7 to 1 to continue. We have 7.5 to 1.

On the turn, it's an easy raise for value and at 16 to 1, Hero definitely has odds to call the re-raise. However, would a cap be in order for value at this point? This part, I'm unsure about.

The river is a definite bet. I don't think Villian liked the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] too much, and it didn't give us the nuts, but still a decent hand.

So, I agree with the line (minus pre-flop), but I'd like to know if there is any value in capping the turn. I guess I'll read everyone else's responses.