Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Dumbest Girl I have Ever Seen (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330620)

jason_t 09-06-2005 10:47 AM

Re: The Dumbest Girl I have Ever Seen

You see, I think we young men (have been manipulated by society to?) like the idea of the innocent dumb girl and this show is playing to those desires; I still refuse to believe these girls are actually that dumb.

After watching one of the trivia segments on this show I find it really hard to believe it's real. It seemed so scripted because of the easiness of the questions and all the guys in the studio getting a kick out of laughing at the girls as they gave their stupid answers.

Anyway, if I'm wrong then I would like to hear comments about it that are a little more thoughtful than "you need to get out more."

A note about my parenthetical: I'm not saying that anyone group took it upon themselves to manipulate people our age into thinking dumb innocent hot girls are the ideal, just that it's an effect of blonde jokes, etc. that guys like the idea of dumb girls. They're easier to manipulate, take advantage of, dominate, etc. and that may be appealing to some.

touchfaith 09-06-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You see, I think we young men (have been manipulated by society to?) like the idea of the innocent dumb girl and this show is playing to those desires; I still refuse to believe these girls are actually that dumb.

After watching one of the trivia segments on this show I find it really hard to believe it's real. It seemed so scripted because of the easiness of the questions and all the guys in the studio getting a kick out of laughing at the girls as they gave their stupid answers.

Anyway, if I'm wrong then I would like to hear comments about it that are a little more thoughtful than "you need to get out more."

A note about my parenthetical: I'm not saying that anyone group took it upon themselves to manipulate people our age into thinking dumb innocent hot girls are the ideal, just that it's an effect of blonde jokes, etc. that guys like the idea of dumb girls. They're easier to manipulate, take advantage of, dominate, etc. and that may be appealing to some.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think too much. Some people are just dumb. You need to get out more.

jokerthief 09-06-2005 10:53 AM

This is why I stopped watching Howard Stern.

jakethebake 09-06-2005 10:54 AM

It's a toss up. I personally find it easier to believe girls willing to be on Howard Stern are that dumb rather than that good of actresses.

HopeydaFish 09-06-2005 11:00 AM

The problem with a lot of these pretty girls is not dumbness per se, it's the fact that they're too self-absorbed to bother learning anything about the world around them. They just have a very small world, and have never had any reason to want to expand their horizons. Some of the prettiest girls I went to high school were like this. They were absolutely braindead when it came to talking about anything that didn't relate to them personally. These girls weren't incapable of learning, they just never bothered.

TheMainEvent 09-06-2005 11:04 AM

You can apply the ignorance defense to questions like "Which country borders Texas?" The questions on the show are so easy and everyday that I can't imagine how you could be alive for more than a year and not know the answer.

jakethebake 09-06-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can apply the ignorance defense to questions like "Which country borders Texas?" The questions on the show are so easy and everyday that I can't imagine how you could be alive for more than a year and not know the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are actually two, the U.S. and Mexico. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

touchfaith 09-06-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch "Street Smarts".

One time, they actually did an entire show of just asking people one question, "How many states are there in the United States?"

At least 70% of the people (they showed) got it wrong, and where not close.

Some people really are that dumb.

HopeydaFish 09-06-2005 11:15 AM

There was a show in Canada a few years ago called "Talking to Americans". A Canadian comedian would go down to the US and ask Americans questions about Canada, ask them to sign petitions for bizarre things that were supposedly happening in Canada, etc... The funniest bits were when he'd talk to 'supposedly' intelligent people such as University professors and politicians. I remember him getting the governor of Arkansas to sign a petition to outlaw the annual polar bear hunt in Toronto, and a University professor at Harvard to sign a petition to stop Canadians from placing their old people on ice floes to die.

Stupid people are all around us, it's just that some people hide it better than others.

09-06-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In 5th grade a girl in my class got 2/30 on a multiple choice news quiz. Oh, and 1 out of the 4 possible answers was always intentionally and humorously unrelated to the question, so at worst it is a 1/3 shot if you dont know a damn thing. 2. fukn 2. I corrected her quiz and I will remember her for the rest of my life as...........

The Dumbest Girl I have Ever Seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It blows my mind how people can do terrible at multiple choice tests when they are getting .25 marks per question that they dont know the answer to and they guess on (assuming 4 choices per question).