Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Warning: Do not view hand on an empty stomach. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329297)

Paxosmotic 09-04-2005 03:01 PM

Re: Warning: Do not view hand on an empty stomach.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously I wanted to call this river when I read it just to protect you image and more important your sanity (at least whats left of it)

[/ QUOTE ]
I can confirm that he may never play poker again. I think the kid has lost it for good.

istewart 09-04-2005 03:13 PM

This might be a legit fold (haven't worked out how often you have to be up against AA, but I'm guessing if a good player's range here is JJ+ you're losing significant money on a river call) against players you know to be 2+2-like and such but if LAG is in his description at all there's no way in [censored] I'm folding.

Bodhi 09-04-2005 07:26 PM

Eegah, you make the biggest folds of any micro-poster I know. Stop it. You call on the river because you're getting 15:1. It's simply math.

bozlax 09-04-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we narrow the Villain down to AA-JJ, then we lose with KK, QQ and JJ and split with AA. The best we can do is split, so our pot odds are cut in half.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. Given how thin the odds are of two players both having pocket aces, this isn't even an eventuality I consider. So, if you feel that you can narrow his holdings to AA-JJ, I would say that your pot odds to a split are nearly non-existent, given the likelihood of each holding.

bottomset 09-04-2005 09:31 PM

if he only has JJ+ you are beat 9times, chop 1

getting 7.5/1 so he needs something else some of the time

bozlax 09-04-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he only has JJ+ you are beat 9times, chop 1

getting 7.5/1 so he needs something else some of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely my point. Given his read, though, I don't think that OP can (or, more precisely, should) narrow Villan's holding this far.

bottomset 09-04-2005 10:36 PM

if his range is JJ-KK, AA, AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

river call

lose 9times: -9BB
chop 1time: +7.875BB
win2times: +31.5BB

net:+30.375BB or 2.53BB/hand

if its just JJ-AA, AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
lose: 9times: -9BB
chop1: +7.875
win1: 15.75
net: +14.625, +1.33BB/hand

seems pretty bad to fold here

marchron 09-05-2005 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant that. This hand will make you vomit. Don't say I didn't warn you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then shouldn't the title of this thread be "Warning: Do not view hand following eating"?

I mean, nobody likes dry-heaving, but it's better than getting yak all over the computer.

And for God's sake, call this. You're mad enough to choke a baby either way, but at least you won't drive yourself nuts wondering if he had an overplayed A/K.

For the record, I had an empty stomach and did not barf.