Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The biggest lesson I've learned at PLO (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326265)

Filip 08-31-2005 10:55 PM

Re: The biggest lesson I\'ve learned at PLO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot control, if you are American, means *always* betting the pot because you can't get that pesky allin like in good, decent, clean living, US of A, No limit holdem.

To non-Americans, it means crafting the pot size to the situation, normally the maths of the situation, sometimes the dynamic of the hand. An example of the former would be betting similar amounts with strong draws and made hands. An example of the latter would not be betting so much through the streets that when you have to bluff on the river, he can call for amusement reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Puke. . .

There's a reason I've adjusted my sleep schedule to be able to play with the brits, french, and swedes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha so that is why i am now playing with 2 tables full of nutpeddling weaktight americans.

Filip 08-31-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Puke. . .

There's a reason I've adjusted my sleep schedule to be able to play with the brits, french, and swedes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha so that is why i am now playing with 2 tables full of nutpeddling weaktight americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hepp i was playing PLO/8..... no wonder i thought the game was strange.

Big Dave D 09-01-2005 04:55 AM

Damn...just gonna use that example [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The US pot bet thing is an old jibe, as you know, and is mostly true. Or at least true enough for me to use it to annoy you and Beset.

I dont think using the Brits, Swedes and French back at me is very fair...how about the Dutch hey? You rush to get in their games? Yeah, gone quiet at the back of class now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

dd

gergery 09-01-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot control, if you are American, means *always* betting the pot because you can't get that pesky allin like in good, decent, clean living, US of A, No limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with the blunt, sledgehammer-like humor? I thought the limey's were supposed to be all dry and rapier-like?

Big Dave D 09-01-2005 07:05 AM

Its an old jibe between Beset, Aces and I.

A bit like you and Winter do, but without the gay pictures.

gl

DD

nebben 09-01-2005 11:20 AM

Don't semi-bluff OOP in Omaha.
Someone with a made hand is waiting to play the hand for your stack.
DO semi-bluff in omaha if youre willing to put your stack in on the flop because of how many outs you have

beset7 09-01-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not our fault that don't uncap the buyins so we can play proper poker. Small bets are for crumpet eaters [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HopeydaFish 09-01-2005 11:01 PM

The biggest lesson? Don't chase unless you're getting the right pot odds *and* have a good chance at a scoop.

GimmeDaWatch 09-02-2005 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To non-Americans, it means crafting the pot size to the situation, normally the maths of the situation, sometimes the dynamic of the hand. An example of the former would be betting similar amounts with strong draws and made hands. An example of the latter would not be betting so much through the streets that when you have to bluff on the river, he can call for amusement reasons.

gl

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Dave. Those bloody unsophisticated yanks in all their ham-fisted, bludgeoning away at the pot. While Phil Hellmuth does advise his faithful readers to "always bet the pot", it is conceivable, dare I say probable, that not all Americans play PLO in an identical fashion. BTW, more blog entries please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

benkahuna 09-02-2005 07:16 AM

TJ recommends always betting the pot too. He's into building a pot.