Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My last real Year of Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324063)

ggbman 08-28-2005 01:46 AM

Re: My last real Year of Poker

Wow, congrats Barron! Myhats off to you for putting in those kind of hours when you actually do, thats quite a tough feat. I don't think i could decide to put that much time into anything, i hope you really enjoy it.

I hope you have as much sucess at work as you did at poker, and i agree that giving numbers for your poker winnings would do exactly what you thought it would.

Gabe

DcifrThs 08-28-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, congrats Barron! Myhats off to you for putting in those kind of hours when you actually do, thats quite a tough feat. I don't think i could decide to put that much time into anything, i hope you really enjoy it.

I hope you have as much sucess at work as you did at poker, and i agree that giving numbers for your poker winnings would do exactly what you thought it would.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...while im sure we could all use more fish at the games we play id rather not take them from the 2p2 pool [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

and thanks for the good wishes.

NOW, come play some 15/30 PVT table!!!! pswd: igottajob

Barron

rory 08-28-2005 10:46 AM

Don't commute. You will hate your life. Live across the street from your job if you can.

Luv2DriveTT 08-28-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't commute. You will hate your life. Live across the street from your job if you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rory is right Barron, I congratulate you on achieving this very important step in your goals, but you will become disenchanted quickly if you don't live close to your office due to the lifestyle you will be forced to live. 9/10 of the people in my building are investment bankers, the one thing I hear from them time and time again as they complain e about the hours is how glad they are that they live less than 10 minutes from their office.

You have made us all proud....

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

KaneKungFu123 08-28-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rory is right Barron, I congratulate you on achieving this very important step in your goals, but you will become disenchanted quickly if you don't live close to your office due to the lifestyle you will be forced to live. 9/10 of the people in my building are investment bankers, the one thing I hear from them time and time again as they complain e about the hours is how glad they are that they live less than 10 minutes from their office.

[/ QUOTE ]

wake up monday and make the commute you plan to make. see if it still seems like a good idea.

ggbman 08-28-2005 11:53 AM

Hey Barron, sorry catch that the game was going last night. We'll definitly have to do a few more of these games before you become a working stiff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gotta learn while i can.

DcifrThs 08-28-2005 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wake up monday and make the commute you plan to make. see if it still seems like a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

no i think everyone is right. i need to consider finding a place in NY close to the WTC site or accross one of the ponds so to speak. its definately a big enough commute that saving money is probably secondary to my mental and physical condition.

very glad i posted this and that you guys persuaded me to get a place way downtown.

and i WOULD see what the commute was like but by that time id be screwed w/ notime to look for a place. and i already know what the commute is like having done it before.

Barron

Rick Nebiolo 08-28-2005 01:49 PM

You show incredible maturity and good judgement.

That said, how did you become a "chip spewer?" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

DcifrThs 08-28-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You show incredible maturity and good judgement.

That said, how did you become a "chip spewer?" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty easily...have you ever seen the 2p2 5/10 tables i play in?? i spew chips.

and thanks rick. your kind words are noted, respected, and appreciated.

Barron

lighterjobs 08-28-2005 04:54 PM

70-90 hrs a week?! was this all 100-200?