Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playing against a MANIAC (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319316)

detruncate 08-21-2005 01:10 AM

Re: Playing against a MANIAC

I completely missed the pf call, which I think is poor. Also not a great opportunity to isolate with a raise. Yes, you have good relative position. I still don't think it's a profitable call.

grjr 08-21-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely missed the pf call, which I think is poor. Also not a great opportunity to isolate with a raise. Yes, you have good relative position. I still don't think it's a profitable call.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO was raising EVERY hand. You have to dig your heels in once in a while and I got in cheap.

detruncate 08-21-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CO was raising EVERY hand. You have to dig your heels in once in a while and I got in cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with that sentiment. But A6o mulitiway? No thanks.

Hojglad 08-21-2005 04:35 AM

Your play on the river mimics exactly what I would have done in this scenario.

... "when you don't want overcalls." Vnh sir. You made MP2 fold a better hand.

08-21-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not worried about the CO raiser, I am worried about the other callers in the pot. I would only play A6o if I could get the pot HU against the maniac. That is why I would either raise or fold this preflop. I do not like calling.

jrz1972 08-21-2005 10:20 AM

True, you need to dig in your heels once in a while, but you need to do a better job of picking your spots.

A6o HU against a maniac = [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
A6o OOP multiway = [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TomBrooks 08-21-2005 04:38 PM

PREFLOP CALL: Terrible. A6o in the SB is not even a complete, never mind calling a raise. Check it in your position stats.

FLOP RAISE: Awful. Your behind and drawing to 6 outs if your lucky.

TURN CALL: Good with 9 nine outs in this now inflated pot.

RIVER: Recommend: FOLD

DIAGNOSIS: Yikes! It looks like you were trying to beat the maniac by becoming somewhat manicidal yourself or you had gone on tilt.

grjr 08-21-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP CALL: Terrible. A6o in the SB is not even a complete, never mind calling a raise. Check it in your position stats.

FLOP RAISE: Awful. Your behind and drawing to 6 outs if your lucky.

TURN CALL: Good with 9 nine outs in this now inflated pot.

RIVER: Recommend: FOLD

DIAGNOSIS: Yikes! It looks like you were trying to beat the maniac by becoming somewhat manicidal yourself or you had gone on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Axo is almost an auto complete from the SB for me. A6o is probably an always complete.

You can't count my preflop call in this hand as calling a raise because the villain was raising EVERY hand. Therefore it was more like completing in the SB with no raise which I've already said I do.

I've been known to tilt at times (ok, a bunch of times) but there was none here.

TomBrooks 08-21-2005 07:25 PM

Hi gr,

Check your SB Position stats for AXo in the SB.

I started a thread about A9o in the SB about 4 months ago, and when I looked into it more, I found out A9o was a marginal complete. Most responders agreed. I took a look but can't find the thread. I continued completing with A9o-A7o for a while after that but kept an eye on them, and eventually decided they were all -EV.

grjr 08-21-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi gr,

Check your SB Position stats for AXo in the SB.

I started a thread about A9o in the SB about 4 months ago, and when I looked into it more, I found out A9o was a marginal complete. Most responders agreed. I took a look but can't find the thread. I continued completing with A9o-A7o for a while after that but kept an eye on them, and eventually decided they were all -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

A2o -0.25bb/hand break even

A3o -0.63bb/hand bad

A4o -0.33BB/hand not AS bad

A5o -.50BB/hand bad

A6o -.17BB/hand better than folding

A7o -0.05BB/hand even better

A8o +0.20BB/hand alright

A9o +0.67BB/hand now we're talkin

ATo 0.00BB/hand weird

Now that you mention this I remember looking at these a couple of months ago and actually stopped playing A5o and below from the SB. Somewhere along the line that slipped my mind so I thank you for reminding me. I'll be knocking off those completes from now on.

I still defend my choice of calling the A6o in this hand though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]