Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Skins Racist? LC (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317404)

JohnnyHumongous 08-18-2005 11:40 AM

Re: Party Skins Racist? LC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

They prefer to be called Inuit. Eskimo is a derogatory term (from another language I believe) meaning "meat eater" (and it doesn't have good conotations.

You're a racist!

[/ QUOTE ]

In French, the word is spelled "Esquimaux".

primetime32 08-18-2005 11:58 AM

i am jewish, and i think there should be a jewish icon. Maybe a rabbi with a beard. Or maybe an old jewish lady cooking chicken soup. every race and ethnicity should be fairly represented. We should all boycott PP until they do the right thing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CrazyN8 08-18-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone who in all seriousness plays Party even use those damn icons? - those things sucked.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

not at party and skins (just a table)but at some sites you have to.

GoblinMason (Craig) 08-18-2005 01:48 PM

Proof.

-Craig

lighterjobs 08-18-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone who in all seriousness plays Party even use those damn icons? - those things sucked.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

everything is black on my party background.

SuitedSixes 08-18-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist?

boose_bagina 08-18-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG if this is not a troll post then you must have a misserable life.

[/ QUOTE ]
woah woah woah woah woah......woah.............woah. Lois, this is not my batman glass.

and relax bud, if you don't like a thread, move on...some people find it fun to read some light topics every once in a while.

terrapin314 08-18-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am jewish, and i think there should be a jewish icon. Maybe a rabbi with a beard. Or maybe an old jewish lady cooking chicken soup. every race and ethnicity should be fairly represented. We should all boycott PP until they do the right thing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am originally from a hicktown, I would like to see redneck player. Perhaps a mullet and a belt buckle with a nascar shirt. Boycott on.

Greg J 08-18-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As one player at my table was calling another player at my table a "nigga", I noticed that all the player icons depict white people.

Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture? I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has pointed out the irony of this post.

I would personally be more pissed about being called that by a some lame white poser than I would be about not being culturally represented by a retarded looking online mannequin.

SoftcoreRevolt 08-18-2005 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As one player at my table was calling another player at my table a "nigga", I noticed that all the player icons depict white people.

Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture? I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has pointed out the irony of this post.

I would personally be more pissed about being called that by a some lame white poser than I would be about not being culturally represented by a retarded looking online mannequin.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't every other member of PartyPoker's fault that you are so backwards that you value not being called racial slurs over being able to choose the race of the avatar we all have turned off.