Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315902)

Voltron87 08-15-2005 08:09 PM

Re: Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a [censored] tard thats why.

I also hate posting hands on this site because 1 hand out of like every 5,000 hands that I play doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't even know why I posted that QQ hand earlier as I played it just how everyone else said and the guy folded anyways and there is about a .00001% chance that the exact hand will ever come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

post more hands, 6 max nl is not easy for everyone. post hands and your line of thought. 1500 is past the "running bad everything is a-ok" zone.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i must be taking all you guys's money. 15 ptbb/100 last 10k hands... poker is easy, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when you're winning...

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1592/pokerher6gm.jpg

yvesaint 08-15-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a [censored] tard thats why.

I also hate posting hands on this site because 1 hand out of like every 5,000 hands that I play doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't even know why I posted that QQ hand earlier as I played it just how everyone else said and the guy folded anyways and there is about a .00001% chance that the exact hand will ever come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the exact hand probably won't come up again against the same exact opponent, but there are definitely hands that share similarities, and opponents that share similarities. Correcting a mistake in one hand most definitely has beneficial effects for other hands, as long as you can see which situations are the same.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're channeling theredpill

[/ QUOTE ]

WHERE IS BOBBOS FRITOS SO I CAN TELL HIM TO SUCK HIS DADS COCK?

CAN YOU [censored] BELIEVE THIS [censored] GUY!?! HOW THE [censored] DOES THIS HAPPEN! SHOULD I HAVE JUST CHECK AND FOLDED ON THE TURN! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealt to Sponger [ Ah Ad ]
Sponger raises [$8].
rnjunlimited folds.
Jepi_A raises [$20].
Kvitto calls [$20].
rentmoney folds.
Wistrand folds.
Sponger raises [$52].
Jepi_A folds.
Kvitto calls [$40].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 7h, 7s ]
Sponger bets [$60].
Kvitto calls [$60].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
Sponger bets [$30].
Kvitto is all-In.
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
Sponger shows [ Ah, Ad ] a flush, ace high.
Kvitto shows [ 2d, 2s ] a full house, Twos full of sevens.

Voltron87 08-15-2005 08:19 PM

[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

Riposte 08-15-2005 08:19 PM

jesus... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

punter11235 08-15-2005 08:21 PM

Its possible that you are losing player there its pretty severe swing...
With only 3.7k left I would definitely moved down for a while. Try to post more hands here.
Also be sure to watch out for few things which are very common errors in 6max game :
-being too aggressive, generaly you should be just a little more aggressive in 6max game; people really hate to fold anything there because they expect you to bluff often; often firing second barell after missing flop is common example; forget about it unless you have very good read; if you feel that your bets are called by crap , just play very ABC against these players.
-playing trash hands
-playing trash from SB
-automatically folding pp after not hiting a set

What is interesting about these stats is that you are not making money with your strongest hands.. its really strange; post more hands when you are delt this AX or AA hands.

Best wishes

imported_anacardo 08-15-2005 08:21 PM

Volt remains sarcasm-deficient.

And God..... damn is that a sick hand.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what do now. Its kinda demoralizing to lose a ton of money in 4k hands, and still suck, and not want to post hands.

Anyone want to come over to my house and watch me play poker and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

winky51 08-15-2005 08:24 PM

I play 2 tables NL $200 and I don't have a problem. I did play $400 and it was tougher but I still could beat it. 1st sessions I made $285 there.

1. Take your time thinking about if your way ahead, way behind, little ahead or behind. I make bets that don't give odds but at the same time let me lose the least if I am being trapped. I rarely go all in.

2. Replay the hand in your head and how long they took to think about their hands and their betting pattern/style. Its an indication of what they are doing. usually small bets mean weak hands. Strong bets means strong hands.

3. Pay attention to the players. What the table's PF raise limit is for calling and folding. If they are LAGs trap, passive calling stations bet bet bet and if raised you can be sure you are behind. Also pay attention to the morons. Some players think on 1 level so don't try any fancy out thinking plays on them or they might just move all in with top pair Q (QA under) on a SUPER dangerous board and have only KK fearing now they got the flush or straight.

Always stay maxed at $200 if you lose.

Dont sit to the right of the LAGs.

Read Harrington's books, improved my game 1000%. I went from being confused half the time to knowing the right play 90% of the time.

http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/thp_books.html