Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jeter HR (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314032)

andyfox 08-13-2005 02:22 AM

Re: Jeter HR

"He said Jeter is too agressive for his own good and doesn't know how to work the count to his favor."

I think that's still true. He often swings at the first strike. And perhaps that glide in towards the strike zone, while getting him a few extra HBPs, may well compromise his strike zone judgment.

pokerdirty 08-13-2005 04:04 AM

I just got back from the game. Gotta love Al Leiter throwing 125 pitches, in 5 [censored] innings.

And Jeter not being able to decide if he wanted to throw to 1st or 2nd in the 2nd inning.

Bonehead decision of the day though, definately putting chacon in the bullpen.

It's amazing we came away with the win here, and i got to witness something that has only happened 15 times this season....a tony womack rbi.

edit - oh yeah, did anyone else see PHIL NEVIN STEAL 2ND? I about crapped my pants...

andyfox 08-13-2005 01:14 PM

The Randy Johnson trade might go down as one of the worst trades in history. Posada looks like he's starting to wear down; we'll wish we had Navarro next year of the year after. Vasquez and Halsey will probably win 200 games the rest of their combined careers; how many will Randy win?

Is Chacon still scheduled to start on Sunday? Why not let Sturtze pitch the 8th and the 9th?

Voltron87 08-13-2005 01:22 PM

hey andy, good news, we scored!

Voltron87 08-13-2005 01:22 PM

andy we scored again! great news!

08-13-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not let Sturtze pitch the 8th and the 9th?

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't follow the Yankees closely at all. Sturtze has pitched something like 12 innings in the past week and a half.

hoopsie44 08-14-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't follow the Yankees closely at all. Sturtze has pitched something like 12 innings in the past week and a half.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dick.

08-14-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What I said is true. Sturtze has pitched a ton and it made no sense for the Yankees to pitch him yesterday. Andy must only watch when his team wins.

nothumb 08-14-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What I said is true. Sturtze has pitched a ton and it made no sense for the Yankees to pitch him yesterday. Andy must only watch when his team wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy Fox is a class act and he's been watching the Yankees since your father was pooping in his pants. So lighten up.

NT

08-14-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Andy Fox is a class act and he's been watching the Yankees since your father was pooping in his pants. So lighten up.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's been watching them since last week?