Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bulking Up (Getting Ripped Before School) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313739)

CallMeIshmael 08-12-2005 01:34 PM

Re: Bulking Up (Getting Ripped Before School)

http://www.hkfilm.net/sprsf2.jpg

KaneKungFu123 08-12-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], you're 6'2" and you weigh 150!? Start eating some [censored] chicken breast and brown rice right quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeNaked 08-12-2005 01:43 PM

Gotta do squats bro. Working the largest muscles in your body stimulates growth hormones including testosterone. Everyone knows why you don't do 'em - you have chicken legs and they are friggin agony to do. But you have to sack up and do em.

Jakethesnake is right (for once) - do exercises that work your largest, integrated muscle groups.

From, another skinny fella (I was 6'2" 140 my freshmen year of college)

jakethebake 08-12-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jakethesnake is right (for once)

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Glenn 08-12-2005 01:55 PM

Go to www.skinnyguy.net and buy the program. The site is kind of cheesy, but the program books are great. People who are naturally bigger have an easier time putting on mass, so most work out programs will work for them. The only thing that will work for skinny guys, however, is a program built around compound excercises, good diet, and plenty of recovery time. The materials not only outline what you should do, they explain why all of it works. They even have forums to discuss your progress and ask questions to other members. The constant support, even if it is just reading about the success of others, keeps you motivated those weeks where you work hard and lose a pound or two..

jon_1van 08-12-2005 02:02 PM

ok, a serious reply

Get on a rowing maching, stay there for at least 20 minutes. Repeat daily.

Eat lots of protien.

Why row? It works, legs, abs, upper back, lower back, biceps, triceps, and forearms.

So its a serious work out.

Also keep in mind that buring a little fat when you are building muscle will help the muscle stand out.

Glenn 08-12-2005 02:04 PM

Rowing is not a good exercise for building mass. It will tone you and make you stronger, but to gain mass you must lift heavy weights. Also, doing it every day is a terrible idea as you grow when you are resting, not when you are working out.

jon_1van 08-12-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rowing is not a good exercise for building mass. It will tone you and make you stronger, but to gain mass you must lift heavy weights. Also, doing it every day is a terrible idea as you grow when you are resting, not when you are working out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rowing isn't great for building mass. But come on, does the OP really want mass? No, he wants to look decent with his shirt off. You don't do "just arms" looking for mass.

And this whole business about "needing" days off....nah. I rowed in college, I only has Sundays off. I build plenty of muscle without much rest

Glenn 08-12-2005 02:12 PM

A 6'2 150 lb guy needs to do a lot more than just get toned to look good with his shirt off. As far of how you built muscle in college while rowing every day--of course you did, but you would have built more with more rest. Also, you have to understand that skinny guys have a much harder time putting on muscle, so things that will work for people with more average builds will not work for them.

Eegs 08-12-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently 6'2 150 lbs

[/ QUOTE ]

What do they feed you?