Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109s - Annoying AK Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310076)

Unarmed 08-08-2005 01:48 PM

Re: $109s - Annoying AK Hand

Yeah, so anyway I called preflop. What's the correct line POSTFLOP? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

durron597 08-08-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, so anyway I called preflop. What's the correct line POSTFLOP? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick yourself for not folding or raising preflop and giving yourself a very tough flop decision?

When he bets 30 chips I'm taking the cheap card to see if I can hit a 6 outer.

Scuba Chuck 08-08-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have wished I had JJ, and then folded.

freemoney 08-08-2005 01:54 PM

do you intentionally want people to be bad players? pushing ak here is awful...

gumpzilla 08-08-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reraise followed by a minbet is frequently a huge hand from weaker players. However, it's possible that he could be viewing QQ as a huge hand here. I probably call this bet and check on the turn, regardless of whether I hit or miss, figuring he's going to make another small bet to try and draw me in. If I hit an A or a K along the way, I'll check-call the river if it's cheap; I think sometimes this kind of line will end with the opponent pushing on the river, which I'll fold to, but if the price stays modest I'll call down. In these situations I'm generally pretty scared of the monster, but if I can find out what the guy is holding without it being super expensive and with a decent chance of having the best hand, I'll frequently try and do so for future reference.

Unarmed 08-08-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick yourself for not folding or raising preflop and giving yourself a very tough flop decision?

When he bets 30 chips I'm taking the cheap card to see if I can hit a 6 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tough flop decision because he bet 30 frigging chips. Calling a reraise with AK generally makes the flop extremely easy to play. So call flop check/fold mode after, because once I check the turn, the hand is his no matter what he has.

I have to start min betting...

adanthar 08-08-2005 01:59 PM

I just fold PF sometimes, call other times, push once in a while...it depends on the player. What you do used to not matter so much; it's a bigger deal now because people know that reraises are a problem for TAG's and are beginning to like restealing chips, but that's what reads are for.

So anyway, having gotten here, I give him 30 more chips and am done with it on the turn. Note that I would sometimes take this exact same line with aces, except I'd push after his turn raise.

gumpzilla 08-08-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So anyway, having gotten here, I give him 30 more chips and am done with it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what? So are you just calling the flop then to give the message that you won't fold to minbets? What if he then bets small again on the turn?

adanthar 08-08-2005 02:04 PM

If he wants to give me odds to draw I don't see a problem but I don't think I've ever seen 2 consecutive minbets.

gumpzilla 08-08-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he wants to give me odds to draw I don't see a problem but I don't think I've ever seen 2 consecutive minbets.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) You said you were done with it on the turn. How do you play it if you hit an A or K on the turn? I'm still looking to keep the pot small in this instance, I think, and I might fold to a big river bet.

b) While I agree that two consecutive minbets is rare - though I have seen it from some low-level opponents - I think he'll pretty frequently throw out a bet for 60-90 on the turn.