Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   A few hands from my wonderful day. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308522)

DyessMan89 08-05-2005 05:27 PM

Re: A few hands from my wonderful day.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Push. You're almost definitely a favorite, and the pot is big enough now

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost definitley a favorite? With nothing but ace high and a flush draw? (and possible overs)

Jman28 08-05-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost definitley a favorite? With nothing but ace high and a flush draw? (and possible overs)

[/ QUOTE ]

I should've said almost definitely ~50% to win, and will get him to fold a lot of hands.

Nottom 08-05-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately a favorite is prolly wrong, but usually no worse than a 11-10 dog is prolly pretty close.

adanthar 08-05-2005 05:52 PM

1)Sometimes, you have 12 outs. More often, you have 15 and are a favorite. Once in a while, 66 folds. You don't really have a choice. Folding ranges from mediocre to pretty bad. (Alternative: Call, then push/call any turn to represent aces.)

2)Shrug and push

3)Call, but it's close

4)I raise to 150 here, but don't mind folding

5)Either limping, raising or pushing are all good. I like to push here sometimes and get called by AJ but lately it's been 22 that calls so I'm reconsidering. We'll see.

microbet 08-05-2005 06:12 PM

I'm being lazy and just agree with future adanthar. That is, everything he said, and not pushing the last one.

danger_mouse 08-05-2005 06:13 PM

Hand 1: Push. Give your opponent (who could be bluff, or could have a small PP) a chance to fold. You don't always need the best current hand to play a flop strong.

Hand 2: Ugh. Less than 3bb, 6-handed AND UTG? I'm folding and praying for K3s in the BB. Same thing either way. You're getting called, unless the structure is such that everyone is short stacked. If I had 4BB or more, I'd push.

Hand 3: Gotta call.

Hand 4: Raise to 125-150 depending on the fold threshold of my opponents.

Hand 5: Raise to 200, unless its early in an MTT and I'm at a table of loose call stations. In this case I push.

Nottom 08-05-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like to push here sometimes and get called by AJ but lately it's been 22 that calls so I'm reconsidering. We'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have this habit as well and mid pairs always would call and since I never win coin flips, that sucks. On the other hand I now push stuff like 99 or TT here all the time because small pairs call and I get to smash them and laugh.

pokerlaw 08-05-2005 09:22 PM

Hand 1: I push

Hadn 2: i only push if you have folded a few hands in a row (a least an orbit - when and how did you get/play your short-stack) OR if the BB is quite tight. if not, i fold.

Hand 3: I call begrudgingly (sic) and hope to win as a 60ish% favorite. it's the way to try to get something other than 2nd.

Hand 4: no reads and I push that.

DyessMan89 08-05-2005 09:32 PM

(In hand 1) So you guys are content with gambling all your chips away early on when you will have (in most cases -- barring the all-inner isnt a complete donk) AT MOST 12-15 outs. Plus, when you do get called, it will be more often then not a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which youll have 0 outs.

I can understand making the push here if you have a read on the opponent to make this type of play with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but we were not given that info.

I might be overestimating the fold equity, though.

cmstaab 08-05-2005 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(In hand 1) So you guys are content with gambling all your chips away early on when you will have (in most cases -- barring the all-inner isnt a complete donk) AT MOST 12-15 outs. Plus, when you do get called, it will be more often then not a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which youll have 0 outs.

I can understand making the push here if you have a read on the opponent to make this type of play with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but we were not given that info.

I might be overestimating the fold equity, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villians play up to this point certainly doesn't make me think 88 or 82...

I might just be a noob at SNG's, but I cannot see folding in hand 2 as a very attractive option at all... we are still 3 spots away from the cash and nearly cripple ourselves with a fold, and the BB could easily call with 98s or 10 7s where we have a great chance to double up.