Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Two 25/50 QQ hands (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307985)

fsuplayer 08-04-2005 10:12 PM

Re: Two 25/50 QQ hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sure, but he didn't say effective stacks is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, he is obviously just trying to keep the results from the first hand unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your answer better than mine.

VarlosZ 08-05-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we know what he had last time (set, flush draw, or pair hand), does that make a difference in your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think what matters is whether he knew what you had last time.

My first reaction was to fold Hand 1, push Hand 2.

Not wild about the push on Hand 2, since there's a good chance you'll be called if and only if you're beaten. Still, his range of possible hands seems too wide to fold, and playing guessing games out of position on the turn sounds like no fun, so push.

KaneKungFu123 08-05-2005 12:54 AM

Hand 1: Fold. AA, KK, 98, Set out weight the posibility that he has a draw. his raise is very large for him to have air.

Hand 2: I reraise/push, or call and check/raise turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: 6-handed. 7k stacks. I have been playing pretty aggro. Tightish, somewhat aggressive but not overaggro player opens for 150 UTG. His opens range from 125-175 pretty randomly. Caller. I make it 650 in CO w/ black QQ. Opener calls, caller folds.

Flop 2s 8h 9h : Check, I bet 1300, he checkraises all-in for 6400.

Hand 2: About 15 minutes later. 5-handed. 5k stacks. Same guy opens for 125. I make it 425 in SB w/ QsQh. He calls.

Flop 3d 5h 7s : I bet 900, he minraises to 1800. What's your plan? If we know what he had last time (set, flush draw, or pair hand), does that make a difference in your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrr 08-05-2005 01:34 AM

hand 1 is iffy... i lean towards call. 2nd is very very dependent on the first hand, with no known information i push.

Ulysses 08-05-2005 02:40 AM

Results

First off, I said 5k in the second hand because that's what the effective stacks were. The actual stacks were 15k and 5k. I guess

And these hands were the oh-so-tricky flipped-role post!

In hand 1, I had 88 and checkraised big to represent the flush draw (which is something everyone in this game is capable of pushing). He called w/ QQ after a long think and I won.

In hand 2, I had 55 and decided that after the first hand, I should try a donkish line since I went big the last time I had a set, plus there aren't that many scary turn cards with that garbage flop. He called the flop raise. He checked the turn, I bet a donky 1500 on the turn and he checkraised all in for 3k or so. My set held up again.

Flopping sets is fun.

ggbman 08-05-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Results

Given the way that you played the first hand, i love the way you played the second one to sucker him on. Very nicely done.

chuddo 08-05-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flopping sets is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

getting paid off in both spots: even more so.

Yeti 08-05-2005 08:53 AM

vnh.

I assume if you're him with the QQ you fold?

durron597 08-05-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And these hands were the oh-so-tricky flipped-role post!

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have realized this immediately from:

[ QUOTE ]
Tightish, somewhat aggressive but not overaggro player

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fnord_too 08-05-2005 10:02 AM

Hand 1: Easy call, no? Semi-bluff is too much of a possibility to let this one go isn't it? Thought the fact that you are are at a 5K stack in hand two does not bode well (or maybe you just put the biggest stack, and he has 5K since he had to rebuy after you broke him).

Hand 2: Hmmmm. When I first read this I thought it was a mini c/r, but just a mini raise is not as daunting. I think he most likely has an overpair here, but a set is also a real possibility. How the last hand played out I think would affect my decision. I suppose it is even possible that he has 46s, but that goes a bit against him being tightish. So, he mini raises effectively making the next bet all in. I don't like that one bit. He's either trying to trap you in the hand or he has 88-JJ (maybe A7s). Well, maybe he is trying to take the initiative to push the turn and steal the pot. In any case, the only two lines I see are fold, and call with the intention of check calling the turn (though an A on the turn is really ugly.) If he checks behind on the turn I guess value bet any non A river.