Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   20-40 hand, lots of decisions yet i just check-call the whole way! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307144)

DrSavage 08-04-2005 03:24 PM

Re: 20-40 hand, lots of decisions yet i just check-call the whole way!

[ QUOTE ]
How I would play this flop:

Check-raise, knock out the PFR is he has AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Knock out AK by checkraising 445 flop with a flush draw possible? That can't possibly work.

andyfox 08-04-2005 03:35 PM

OK, I won't use "anything" anymore. I'd venture a guess, however, that it gets me into less trouble, with people other than you, than playing K-3 for a raise from the small blind. Perhaps not though.

Anything else?

YoureToast 08-04-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like checkraising the flop b/c I think multiway action on your draw is more valuable than clearing out a better king which may or may not be out there. You are most likely going to need to hit to win this. The turn changes things since now you might be leading and have the flush draw as backup. Plus you potentially get the good player off a better hand.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is right....Would your opinion on the flop CR change if our hero had K8?

autobet 08-04-2005 04:37 PM

What about leading the flop?

nykenny 08-04-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I won't use "anything" anymore. I'd venture a guess, however, that it gets me into less trouble, with people other than you, than playing K-3 for a raise from the small blind. Perhaps not though.

Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

very well put, andy! btw, mike, i like ur style too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

danderso8 08-04-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about leading the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was surprised no one mentioned this possibility. I was thinking this would be a good way to get lots of bets into the pot, but then i re-read the original post...the PFR is two seats to mike's left, and if he or the BB raise, then mike is losing a lot of the benefit of the draw. Of course, since it is a live game, Mike may be able to look left and determine that neither will do this to him.

If that's the case, then I like the flop lead, re-raise if you can (other than a raise from late position, then just call). Turn then becomes a check-raise, call if 3-bet and hope to flush on river.

--dan

mike l. 08-04-2005 05:41 PM

"Anything else?"

yeah your avatar. i didnt know youre gay.

Michael Davis 08-04-2005 06:30 PM

"nothing. not checkraising the flop here is terrible poker. i was playing bad yesterday."

No, not checkraising the flop is a viable option. It was not donkbetting the turn that was a mistake.

-Michael

mike l. 08-04-2005 06:39 PM

no i thought about it and the flop c/r is the play. would you have called preflop? assume a very good passive 20 like normal.

isnt it past your bedtime?

andyfox 08-04-2005 11:41 PM

Live and learn.