Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why do you stay married? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306937)

Oski 08-03-2005 10:46 PM

Re: Why do you stay married?

[ QUOTE ]

For me it boils down to one main thing - I feel fortunate to have found someone who seemingly is prepared to put up with living with me for the rest of her life. That's no small task. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, when you find a good woman, it's a great thing. I mean, she's the one who graduated this year and said "yes, let's go to Vegas for a vacation". Then read Getting Started in Hold Em before we went, and spent much of the trip playing $2/$4. AND survived meeting a bunch of crazy 2+2ers. How does it get better than that? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been married 9 years. I couldn't be happier. I have a family and I don't think the benefits of being single can possible approach those of marriage.

My wife is very cool and doesn't hassel me at all. I told her 15 years ago, when we met, that there is two things she has to accept about me if she wants to get involved: 1. I will play poker often and that includes coming home at 5 in the morning once in a while; 2. I will watch football with my buddies all weekend when its in season.

She agreed to it, and we've had no problems.

On a side note, internet poker has really helped me avoid staying out too late, and that makes her happy.

Anyhow, it should go without saying ... if you have to ask, its probably not for you (yet).

M2d 08-04-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

1 - My wife is my best friend. I can't imagine not talking to her every day.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

istewart 08-04-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, when you find a woman as hot as nolanfan's wife, it's a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Felix_Nietsche 08-04-2005 12:36 AM

Only the VERY RICH and the VERY POOR can........

........afford a divorce.

ChipWrecked 08-04-2005 02:40 AM

My wife told me to.

mike l. 08-04-2005 02:54 AM

"Why do you stay married?"

the overrated blow jobs

plaster8 08-04-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. (Minus the kids part -- don't have them yet.)

Four-year anniversary is today.

diebitter 08-04-2005 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I coulda written this. Every word applies to me (even the 15 years!).

Having said that, any of you guys thinking about it, I'd paraphrase the great Al Bundy on the subject and say 'run now, run hard, and keep running'...

zoomOut 08-04-2005 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, any of you guys thinking about it, I'd paraphrase the great Al Bundy on the subject and say 'run now, run hard, and keep running'...

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me smile! I'm a female but I can relate to this statement. It made me think of the old Kevin Costner quote "marriage is a hard gig." My girlfriend told me that marriage is an evil force which brings out the worst in people. I think that might be a tad negative. I like to think it can also bring out the best.

Reasons I like marriage:

1) Even after 10 years it's still great to wake up each morning with my husbands hands caressing me. Now that's incredible if you think about it. (We have never taken our intimate life for granted as it seems others have.)

2) My heart still beats fast when I hear him walk in the door every evening. I like it when he cooks with me. I just love him so much.

codewarrior 08-04-2005 08:25 AM

Oh - and the #1 reason:

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...1a08-02-05.jpg