Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A hypothetical Axs question, grunch please (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306260)

kapw7 08-03-2005 03:58 AM

Re: A hypothetical Axs question, grunch please

As noone else said that: Fold preflop. (Sweet revenge for ppl replying to my posts about river play by saying: "fold preflop")

1. C-R
2. Fold.
3. Check-call or fold if the action looks bad.

MrEngenic 08-03-2005 04:46 AM

In all situations we have top pair on a drawless board with a preflop raiser and a bunch of callers. What hands do you want to protect against with a raise? If nobody else has an A they have 2 outs with pockets and 5 outs with a 9 or a 2.

Raising is great if the preflop raiser has a high pocket and a raise will make someone fold a better A, like A5, or if someone has a 9.
It's also great if the preflop raiser will define his hand with a 3-bet if he has a better A so we can fold the turn UI.

MrEngenic 08-03-2005 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the size of the pot when it's back to me after my check. If it's big enough to call i do. I'm giving my self 3.5 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger pot it is when it's back to you the smaller the chance you have the best hand, so if it's big it's an easier fold. If UTG+1 bets and everyone else folds it's an easy call down, if UTG+1 bets and everyone calls chances are slim that you have the best A so you fold.

MATT111 08-03-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As noone else said that: Fold preflop. (Sweet revenge for ppl replying to my posts about river play by saying: "fold preflop")

[/ QUOTE ]

As I read this thread I had to realize that this hand is to hard for me to play correctly yet postflop.
So dito

flo 08-03-2005 06:30 AM

1) bet
2) raise
3) hmm... i tend to bet.

davelin 08-03-2005 10:03 AM

1) Check
2) Raise
3) I tend to check this as well. Do I have a read that Villain will raise something like KK or QQ here?

benkath1 08-03-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the size of the pot when it's back to me after my check. If it's big enough to call i do. I'm giving my self 3.5 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger pot it is when it's back to you the smaller the chance you have the best hand, so if it's big it's an easier fold. If UTG+1 bets and everyone else folds it's an easy call down, if UTG+1 bets and everyone calls chances are slim that you have the best A so you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But if the pot is big enough to draw to my 4 then I'll peel.

Rev. Good Will 08-03-2005 10:47 AM

I'm glad I posted this, I'm changing my default line for the 3rd situation from "betting, hoping to get raised" to check, an re-evaluate when the action comes back to us, or bet on turn.

MrEngenic 08-03-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But if the pot is big enough to draw to my 4 then I'll peel.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are pretty sure you are dominated by a better A it would be a mistake to draw to a 4. You would only have 3 outs and you could be behind to a set or maybe A9. A dubious weak draw and you are not sure you will win if you hit = fold.

imported_The Vibesman 08-03-2005 10:58 AM

I haven't been limping this UTG, in a 6max game I will often raise this and in full ring muck (both are table dependent however). I would limp in LP w/ 2-3 limpers already in. However, since that's not what you asked:

1. Check-raise the CO.
2. Raise.
3. Check, re-evaluate when it gets back to you. If it is more then one bet back to you, fold.

In all cases, I would say to proceed cautiously. If you are behind you are drawing to at most 3 outs. Any aggression should cause you to fold.

In the first case, you run the risk of CO calling you down w/ AJ, AT, thinking his kicker may be no good.
In the second, you very well could be raising someone who has you crushed at this point.
In the third, you've got a mess of coldcallers, unless this table is ultra-loose they started w/ something.