Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Need Serious College Funding Help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305690)

ChoicestHops 08-02-2005 10:41 AM

Re: Need Serious College Funding Help

I just thought it was insane to suggest working. Where minimum wage is these days, it doesnt seem possible to pay for tuition. His fees probably arent including room and board and personal expenses either.

I wouldnt prefer a private institution based on the high rates , but if you parents wont co-sign for FASFA I think you are out of luck for government aid.

Indiana 08-02-2005 11:04 AM

multi-table

ddollevoet 08-02-2005 12:08 PM

I may be in the minority in my position, but I think it is insane to think that you are "entitled" to having your parents pay for your college education.

BoogerFace 08-02-2005 05:02 PM

You have to wait until your 24 years old to get the standard federal student loans without parental assistance.

Hope your friend talked to financial aid, there may be other avenues.

Cubswin 08-02-2005 05:12 PM

You have to wait until your 24 years old to get the standard federal student loans without parental assistance.

Is this a new requirement... because i got mine for grad school at age 23 in 2001 without my parents as cosigners.

Also, I believe 18k is way too much to pay for a year of school. My entire undergrad cost less then that. I 2nd the community college opin. I am a product of CC and transfered with a great GPA and didnt skip a beat once I got to a 4 year university. I also had no trouble getting into a top notch grad school. Plus, there are a lot of hot stupid girls at CC....

cubs

Hiding 08-02-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hope your friend talked to financial aid, there may be other avenues.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true.

look into this site to start getting basic information on federal loans and other financial aid services.

There are plenty of options, but get to the FA office soon, its gonna be crowded.

itsmesteve 08-02-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, there are a lot of hot stupid girls at CC....

[/ QUOTE ]

this is absolutely perfect. thank you.

08-02-2005 05:22 PM

Why pay for college out of your own pocket when you can get FREE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT??? Each year the GOVERNMENT gives away free money through GRANTS! What are YOU waiting for?!?

Cubswin 08-02-2005 06:19 PM

gimmick account that made me laugh.... can we keep him? please?