Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Joe Hachem hand from Main Event (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303280)

Depalma 07-29-2005 02:35 PM

Re: Joe Hachem hand from Main Event

Hachem showed strength before the flop with a raise from UTG. Range of hands at this point is big pairs, AK, AQ. He may have raised preflop with a few other hands to vary his play.

The SB calls the UTG raise out of position. We know he has to have something but you say he is totally out of his element here, so we have to question whether he fully understands the Gap Concept. If he is really out of his element, I wouldn't rule out calling with middle pairs or higher or any two broadway cards suited if he is the type to defend his partial bet.

Hachems' bet doesn't really give us any new information as this could be a standard continuation bet after the SB checked. However, the range of hands he likely started with suggest that this flop hit his hand. The SB thought for a bit and called. He caught a piece of it.

On the turn, the Q definitely helped the SB. He bets out and gets raised and just calls. He either has a set of Qs of has made two loose calls with KQ and has made two pair.
The shakiness suggests it's trips, but would a player like this not reraise with QQ preflop? I say KQ is more likely here. Hachem is not detered after seeing the Q helped the small blind. He either has AK, AQ, AA, or KK. I think the two pair here is more likely than the set.

River doesn't change anything if my turn read is correct.

I'm putting Hachem on AK and the SB on KQ although I can't narrow it down that precisely. Hachem could also have AQ, KK, or AA. SB could also have QQ.

SossMan 07-29-2005 02:43 PM

nobody has guessed hachem's hand yet

(insert jeopardy music here)

durron597 07-29-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you guys read SB as having something like A3 or KQ. All we know is he's a nervous slowplayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely has KQ. He check-calls the flop, meaning he has something but isn't thrilled, so he calls the small bet. When he leads the turn, shaking, he hit his hand. He would have lead the flop with AQ, thus he has KQ.

SossMan 07-29-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you guys read SB as having something like A3 or KQ. All we know is he's a nervous slowplayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely has KQ. He check-calls the flop, meaning he has something but isn't thrilled, so he calls the small bet. When he leads the turn, shaking, he hit his hand. He would have lead the flop with AQ, thus he has KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

sb had KQ

slickpoppa 07-29-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People have already said AA,KK,QQ and AK and AQ. So did he have JTs?

SossMan 07-29-2005 02:49 PM

JT was mentioned...not his hand.

ansky451 07-29-2005 02:50 PM

My guess would be AJ for the donkey, and AK for Hachem.

durron597 07-29-2005 02:50 PM

No, because I guessed JTs.

burningyen 07-29-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case, I'll guess something ridiculous like AT.

SossMan 07-29-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case, I'll guess something ridiculous like AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope