Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Comedy of the Last 30 years - Elite Eight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301727)

IndieMatty 07-27-2005 04:47 PM

Re: Best Comedy of the Last 30 years - Elite Eight

You guys do know that the Princess Bride isn't funnier then Spinal Tap right? I mean, there's about 5-6 jokes in the whole friggin movie!

(It's a great movie---but WTF!!!)

Phoenix1010 07-27-2005 05:23 PM

I missed the earlier rounds. Great to see Groundhog Day up there, classic. Holy Grail or Lebowski should win it all. Was Liar Liar seeded in the early rounds? I just saw it last night for the first time in a few years, definitely one of the funniest movies ever.

jay1313 07-27-2005 05:36 PM

It is fun to read this posts and reviews and what people find funny. I wonder if their is a 'generation' gap amongst the choices. As an 'older' member of this fine group I was surprised at some of the finalists and even more surprised by how the choices were going. Although I find Airplane! amusing, it is total parody, making fun of others work. While Caddyshack has some of the funniest and original scenes ever brought to the screen in my opinion.

I thought it was a generational thing, but Airplane! and Caddyshack are both from that wonderful era of the 70's that some of us had to be teenagers in. So I guess it comes down to individual taste (or lack thereof as the case might be [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) Both films have elements of genius and stupidity but having to choose between the two, I will always 'be the ball.'

I missed the early rounds, is there any link to the other threads? I am wondering what happened to Animal House, American Pie, Stripes and Blazing Saddles?

jay1313 07-27-2005 05:38 PM

And The Princess Bride never fails to make me laugh either

beernutz 07-27-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it seems the better movies won most of these matchups. The Elite Eight round will be particularly brutal with some fierce matchups. Enjoy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Animal House not making it into this poll is whack.

swede123 07-28-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it seems the better movies won most of these matchups. The Elite Eight round will be particularly brutal with some fierce matchups. Enjoy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Animal House not making it into this poll is whack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. I'd say all the movies of the Elite Eight round are as good as or better than Animal House.

Swede

daveymck 07-28-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do know that the Princess Bride isn't funnier then Spinal Tap right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent seen princess bride and I know it isnt better than Tap.

Caddyshack has chevy chase in it and although I have not seen that neither I know its not funnier than airplane.

I couldnt vote on the Office space one as I havent seen either of those films neither, as they have got this far I suspect I dont need to see them.

Its bizarre the worst of the Python films is going to go the furthest.

Clarkmeister 07-28-2005 11:05 AM

Thank you so much.

IndieMatty 07-28-2005 11:08 AM

I am audibly laughing in my office.

daveymck 07-28-2005 11:14 AM

I didnt vote for groundhog day, I said it was the worst of the python films not the worst of the choices available.

Not that you can read this of course.