Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Going off the deep end (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300314)

swede123 07-25-2005 06:39 PM

Re: Going off the deep end

Of course you should speak to his superior, if there is one. All the various suggestions about rubbing it in the sales person's face are nice and all, but do you really think this kind of stuff would phase someone as rude as that guy obviously is? Clearly he's not that concerned about making his quotas and keeping his customers happy. Go see his manager, try to get his ass fired. Other than that I don't know what to say.

Swede

Homer 07-25-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you should speak to his superior, if there is one. All the various suggestions about rubbing it in the sales person's face are nice and all, but do you really think this kind of stuff would phase someone as rude as that guy obviously is? Clearly he's not that concerned about making his quotas and keeping his customers happy. Go see his manager, try to get his ass fired. Other than that I don't know what to say.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe how many sensible answers I'm getting. This is OOT, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MrTrik 07-25-2005 06:40 PM

Sounds like both you and your girl are the victim types. Do something! Do anything! I'm not suggesting you get physical or get your ass in trouble, but don't let it slide. You'll regret not doing something if you let it slide.

daveymck 07-25-2005 06:43 PM

I think we should be giving ideas to improve her confidence and self esteem instead of worrying about confronting some carpet salesman.

James Boston 07-25-2005 06:45 PM

Talk to the manager. Be calm, but firm. Tell him what's going on in his store is unacceptable, and question him as to what he plans to do about it. Tell him your intention is to inform the BBB (or a similar organization). This usually gets their attention. Not only will the guy who was an ass to your girl probably get fired, you'll probably get some store credit or something.

Benal 07-25-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we should be giving ideas to improve her confidence and self esteem instead of worrying about confronting some carpet salesman.

[/ QUOTE ]

offTopic 07-25-2005 06:46 PM

In what store/city did this happen?

Homer 07-25-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In what store/city did this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in Westport, CT. I don't know the name of the store.

Ulysses 07-25-2005 06:57 PM

Talking to the guy's boss is of course a good idea. Do you know if your local TV station has a consumer affairs reporter? In Houston there was this reporter Marvin Zindler who loved to do stories about stuff like this - businesses screwing over consumers or treating them badly. This sounds like a great story for someone like that.

Ulysses 07-25-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it great that a floor person in a carpet showroom can be condescending?

[/ QUOTE ]

This same attitude can be found among salespeople in many places. In my experience, shoe salesmen are often some of the worst. In general, a lot of these people trick themselves into thinking that they are of the same socio-economic status as their customers, which is rarely anywhere close to reality.