Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Not capping w/ JJ...dunno why but... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299783)

adios 07-25-2005 06:47 PM

Re: Not capping w/ JJ...dunno why but...

[ QUOTE ]
also, since i DO raise AJs here i would like to see if he folds, which i want him to, and which he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he has TT?

adios 07-25-2005 06:53 PM

The only hands you want to fold that you have beat here is AK or a flush draw (maybe JTs but that hand is unlikely given your JJ) and I doubt if either folds for a single raise on the flop too often. Would you raise the flop in this situation if you had a Q or even a full house? Do you think he would likely put you on AA or KK? Doubtful but possible.

MrStretchie 07-25-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I doubt AK folds for a single raise on the flop too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? He may well be drawing dead, and has some nasty reverse implied odds along with his 6 outs. I'd say AK folds to a raise here plenty..

DcifrThs 07-25-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? He may well be drawing dead, and has some nasty reverse implied odds along with his 6 outs. I'd say AK folds to a raise here plenty..

[/ QUOTE ]

id say AK wouldn't.

-Barron

MrStretchie 07-25-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id say AK wouldn't.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

What line would you take as Villian with AK here?
Also, re-reading my post, I overstated the liklihood. I'm just thinking it's possible, and those are some reasons he might.

DanZ 07-25-2005 07:44 PM

I may be in the minority here, but this post was a little surprising:

I can't imagine why you would want to cap it with jacks preflop. Is he on average rasing with such a weak hand that you want to tie him to the hand until the river? If so, he is probably so overaggressive I'd rather trap him anyway.

I also don't see what raising does for you on this flop. If I felt I could raise, I would wait for the turn to drop his AK. Raising the flop should announce a) you don't have a queen and b) you have a middle pocket pair to most players, which is bad because it's exactly what you have.

Dan Z.

adios 07-26-2005 11:39 AM

I don't think many players would put a flop raiser as someone they're drawing dead against. Why not wait for the turn to raise with a Q? I think a raise on the turn is a better play but I might be tempted to call again on the turn and let someone who's betting a marginal hand keep coming. I don't think the villan in this example had much of a hand and I'd guess that his folding was not a mistake.