Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hypothetical Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299168)

curtains 07-24-2005 01:13 AM

Re: Hypothetical Question

btw to those who said it means nothing or next to nothing. This basically means if its a 4 way pot with 60 chips in the middle, and you somehow knew you could steal the pot 80-90% of the time with a potsized bet, thered really be no reason to since it wont effect your results!

Daliman 07-24-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You would have essentially 5% more chips than your opponents, therefore, your roi would go approximately 5% higher(or lower, if negative).

Easy one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my initial thought before I remembered that the extra 50 chips is only .5% of the total pool of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter. Your ROI is figured on a per player game basis, not per 10 players. Put another way, in ICM, doing this puts the 1045 stack at a .1041 EV, which would mean in a $100 SNG, he would now theoretically make $104.10; all the other players are now at a .995 EV, meaning they will stand to get back $99.50 each. the REAL question, is where is the other 40 cents of EV?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I bet curtains took it. See, this is why he's crushing lately. He is making a killing on EV conversion rates. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Daliman 07-24-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw to those who said it means nothing or next to nothing. This basically means if its a 4 way pot with 60 chips in the middle, and you somehow knew you could steal the pot 80-90% of the time with a potsized bet, thered really be no reason to since it wont effect your results!

[/ QUOTE ]

For a chess god, you sure don't know proper word usage

45suited 07-24-2005 01:15 AM

Weakling, I think you're underestimating the advantage that you would have with 50 extra chips. Not huge, but not so small that it would take 1 million games to show up either. If 50 chips were nothing, then why not limp 3 times every game in level one with speculative hands like suited connectors? The fact that most players don't advocate this shows that 50 chips are not entirely meaningless.

curtains 07-24-2005 01:16 AM

Im on bad run Dali, finally my luck has run it's course. It'll be back soon though....

curtains 07-24-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a chess god, you sure don't know proper word usage

[/ QUOTE ]

I could beat you in Scrabble + Boggle too!!!!!

Daliman 07-24-2005 01:22 AM

RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!

This hypothetical, while interesting, is now solved, even IF curtains won't acknowledge it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Those who thought the difference was very small have a lot to learn. Those who thought the difference changed significantly with differences in EV have less to learn.

I have nothing to learn, for I am the Impotent Daliman!

Oops, I meant omnipotent.

How does the change post function work...?

curtains 07-24-2005 01:25 AM

I want one chip from everyone to start the tourney and then ship the +1% ROI.

07-24-2005 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If 50 chips were nothing, then why not limp 3 times every game in level one with speculative hands like suited connectors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Unless you a terrible post flop player (keep in mind that hold'em IS a psot flop game...) then this should not hurt your game. In fact, this should increase your ROI, especially at lower limits.

Daliman 07-24-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If 50 chips were nothing, then why not limp 3 times every game in level one with speculative hands like suited connectors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Unless you a terrible post flop player (keep in mind that hold'em IS a psot flop game...) then this should not hurt your game. In fact, this should increase your ROI, especially at lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my....