Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Didn''t get picked in HULA3?? HULA 3.1 Interest thread/poll... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297638)

donger 07-21-2005 05:54 PM

Re: Didn\'\'t get picked in HULA3?? HULA 3.1 Interest thread/poll...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, might get drafted around HULA3.4 or so

[/ QUOTE ]

I was confused as to what HULA was. Why not just have an open HU limit tournament that anyone can join? The current format seems cliquish and lame.

baronzeus 07-21-2005 05:55 PM

We have one of those in the general forum.

Adjutor 07-21-2005 05:59 PM

I'd love to play.

this guy 07-21-2005 06:01 PM

I'm in.

partygirluk 07-21-2005 06:04 PM

in

witeknite 07-21-2005 06:06 PM

Since this will be more of the B players around here, how about doing a different team selection method than the draft. Most of us don't really know each other so it might be better to do things randomly. Maybe have players rate themselves (NO SANDBAGGING) to balance the selection out? It could range from an E player who hasn't played much HU, to an, "I'm an alternate for HULA 3," A player.

This would also help those less avid posters to get to know others better.

WiteKnite

goofball 07-21-2005 06:08 PM

I wanna play. I'm out of town until monday night with an unreliable connecion at best.

Willluck 07-21-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this will be more of the B players around here, how about doing a different team selection method than the draft. Most of us don't really know each other so it might be better to do things randomly. Maybe have players rate themselves (NO SANDBAGGING) to balance the selection out? It could range from an E player who hasn't played much HU, to an, "I'm an alternate for HULA 3," A player.

This would also help those less avid posters to get to know others better.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]this is a bad idea, just cuz people suck at not cockwaving.

arkady 07-21-2005 06:31 PM

my 2 cents

Doing HULA 3.1 is not a good idea. Wait a few months until the current one finishes. Frankly if you want to run the whole gig, nothing stopping you from creating HULA 4 upon completion of H3. No reason why it should be an annual event, but it is time consuming and requires that the person in charge takes it seriously. If you or whom ever are willing, finding players to participate will be a trivial task.

timprov 07-21-2005 06:35 PM

Re: my 2 cents

[ QUOTE ]
Doing HULA 3.1 is not a good idea. Wait a few months until the current one finishes. Frankly if you want to run the whole gig, nothing stopping you from creating HULA 4 upon completion of H3. No reason why it should be an annual event, but it is time consuming and requires that the person in charge takes it seriously. If you or whom ever are willing, finding players to participate will be a trivial task.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of unhip people got left out of HULA 3, and would presumably also get left out of HULA 4.