Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Matt Matros's book (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296877)

FrankStallone 10-13-2005 04:13 PM

Re: Matt Matros\'s book

Did he really throw steaming hot tea/ hot chocolate on his father when he lost a hand to him? what a psycho.

Jordan Olsommer 10-13-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he really throw steaming hot tea/ hot chocolate on his father when he lost a hand to him? what a psycho.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't Matros - that was the guy who wrote the introduction to Matros's book.

jacksup 10-13-2005 05:39 PM

I didn't say Henry Ford invented the automobile. And obviously what Ford was working on wasn't a theoretical abstraction, that's sort of the point. I guess I should've put quotes around "theoretical abstraction." Anyway, the whole thing was just an analogy, and either you buy it or you don't. It was never meant to be an in-depth look at the progression of the automobile from idea to everyday object.

Matt

10-13-2005 06:32 PM

Matt, I really enjoyed your book. It was entertaining, educational and a quick, easy read.

I really enjoyed the section about Hellmuth. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil put webcams all over his house so we could see how the "best player in the world" spends his day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dogsballs 10-13-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say Henry Ford invented the automobile. And obviously what Ford was working on wasn't a theoretical abstraction, that's sort of the point. I guess I should've put quotes around "theoretical abstraction." Anyway, the whole thing was just an analogy, and either you buy it or you don't. It was never meant to be an in-depth look at the progression of the automobile from idea to everyday object.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you meant with the analogy; that's fine. There's just the very direct implication that there was no such thing as an automobile until Henry Ford came along.

Just a nit. No biggy.

I've even seen supposedly educational websites stating that Henry Ford invented the automobile.

So...what's the novel about ..? Any poker related content?

Brad22 10-13-2005 09:40 PM

"RGP" means ???

jacksup 10-14-2005 11:33 PM

Oh man, I haven't worked on the novel since I finished grad school 18 months ago. I've been playing poker and working on the Erick Lindgren book, which should be out any day now. And also any day now, I want to get back to the fiction writing. The novel, in its most recent form, does not have any poker content. But you never know.

Matt

DrPhysic 10-15-2005 08:44 AM

I have the poker books on my shelf sorted by category. ie: limit books, NL books, theory books, tourny books, etc.

Matros' book is in the same category with Helmuth and a couple of others... it is:

"How to sell Poker Books by..."

Doc

edit: ps: That doesn't make it a bad read. It is a good read. Just not very useful.