Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Who's the biggest winner? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294261)

smb394 07-17-2005 01:10 AM

Re: Who\'s the biggest winner?

[ QUOTE ]
The IRS, and it isn't even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have our winner.

Smoothcall 07-17-2005 01:32 AM

How could hellmuth be the biggest winner?

Rick Nebiolo 07-17-2005 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted Hachem but after reading the thread if I got to vote again it would be for Hellmuth. Hachem will be another great champ but Hellmuth really impressed me with his commentary.

~ Rick

tagtastic 07-17-2005 05:57 AM

Hellmuth is a self-obssessed guy who sold his soul to anyone and everyone who was buying. However, he does make an interesting commentator (certainly better than the WPT crap that goes on week after week), but Hellmuth is a less likeable guy (in the long term) than anyone else who appeared on last night's broadcast of the final table of the WSOP. Decent player, great reader, but entirely self-indulged and it showed through during his constant inturruptions (despite whoever he was commentating with) and other self-promoting/indulgent remarks. The other players who were featured were all very humble, the difference was night and day. All this said, if I was starting a poker tour, I'd be recruiting Hellmuth to do commentary.

gh9801 07-17-2005 06:28 AM

When I created this survey, I put Hellmuth as a option half-jokingly...

Whatever, I'm surprised.

fyodor 07-17-2005 10:25 AM

I got tired of listening to Hellmuth about 5 minutes into the "pro" commentary track on the 'Rounders' DVD. Friday night he sounded much the same. Talking over his partner constantly. Belabouring points. Sucking up to his favourites. Badmouthing the players he didn't like and finding the worst of their play.

He comes off as a whining, egotistical jerk.

He still sounded better than Negraneu though.

Anyhow I will predict that if he ever made a career in poker broadcasting all you lovers would tire of him pretty quick.

touchfaith 07-17-2005 11:36 AM

Thus far...I will have to vote for myself.

Just about every table I have joined this weekend has had 2-3 donks on it from Australia that I have no records on. Right now on my UB table, there are no fewer then 3.

New donks = me happy = I win

07-17-2005 12:49 PM

I have to agree that, as a grinder, I'm benefitting. Not sure if the rush of new players are all from down under [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but I'm finding a new school of fish on just about every online site. Hope this keeps up for all of us.

Uppercut 07-17-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I created this survey, I put Hellmuth as a option half-jokingly...

Whatever, I'm surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone keep track of how many times Phil mentioned that he had 9 bracelets during his broadcast? I'm guessing at least 50. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

NCAces 07-18-2005 12:30 AM

Easy:

"Dannenmann immediately made good on his promise to split his winnings with friend Jerry Ditzel of Severna Park, who put up half of Dannenmann's $10,000 buy-in for the poker tournament."

$5,000 invested
$2,225,000 returned

Priceless

NCAces