Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 6: "Official" News, Results, and Discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292535)

AngryCola 07-14-2005 05:19 AM

Re: Matusow Got a great seat draw

[ QUOTE ]
While Greg got the worst. I would not be surprised to see Minh Ly BBQ his table, but at this point its at least 80% cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty seemed to disagree with this idea in the other thread. I don't know most of these people, so It's hard for me to say.
But I do notice that Matusow is in between two fairly large stacks, while Raymer is in between somewhat smaller stacks.

Bill Murphy 07-14-2005 05:24 AM

Re: Matusow Got a great seat draw

The mere fact Ivey is there makes it a bad draw. Mouth has position on the next biggest stack, a young Stars qfier IIRC. Ly also has position on Dannenman. But again I never heard of anyone other than the big 4.

LargeCents 07-14-2005 07:10 AM

Re: WSOP Day 6: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how great would it be for us if the suckout queen herself, T-Dub, were to win it all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it would be great for poker if an absolute amateur to won it. It would give many other amateurs hope and probably bring a lot more people to the game, since "any amateur can win". I am definitely rooting for the amateurs.

As for the pros, I am rooting for our own "Fossilman" of 2+2 fame. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Ivey win it either. I think Ivey might be a good spokesman for poker, kinda like Tiger Woods and golf, beating old, rich white men at their own game. lol

Daithi 07-14-2005 07:13 AM

Thanks for posting this!

Anyone complaining about you posting this is just an A-hole, or they are whinning because they planned on posting the standings (i.e they are a hypocrite and an A-Hole).

I wanted to know the standings and as soon as I got to work this morning I went looking for this thread -- so I appreciate your efforts, thanks.

trevorwc 07-14-2005 07:28 AM

Re: Thanks for posting this!

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to know the standings and as soon as I got to work this morning I went looking for this thread -- so I appreciate your efforts, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz 07-14-2005 07:36 AM

I just bet 100 to profit 174 on pinnaclesports on raymer to beat ivey. I think they both have a great chance to take this whole thing, but I wouldn't favor Ivey by that much. We'll see what happens.

C'mon Fossilman

DougOzzzz 07-14-2005 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bet 100 to profit 174 on pinnaclesports on raymer to beat ivey. I think they both have a great chance to take this whole thing, but I wouldn't favor Ivey by that much. We'll see what happens.

C'mon Fossilman

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, can't believe the lines they're giving at pinnacle. +174 for Raymer is a great bet IMO. Matusow over Ivey at +128 is quite nice too. I mean, how could the chip leader, and a well-known professional, get +128 against ANYBODY?

newfant 07-14-2005 09:00 AM

Thanks for telling us about this. I just put 50 on Matusow to place higher than Ivey. Awesome.

ceramist 07-14-2005 09:06 AM

Mike Matusow Question

I gotta wonder, since joining team FTP, did this guy take some lessons or something? Is this the same guy we saw crying in a crumpled heap?

Honestly, any word on why and/or if his game is really turned around?

ZimbuTheMonkey 07-14-2005 09:09 AM

Re: Mike Matusow Question

"Thanks for telling us about this. I just put 50 on Matusow to place higher than Ivey. Awesome. "

I'm not too familiar with sports-type betting, how much would you make in return if that does happen?